Best bang for the buck beam wiper blade set in both 28" and 14/13"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are for the Elantra in my sig. Requires a 28" driver and a 14" passenger (13" also acceptable) blade. Not looking for traditional or "hybrid" wipers, beam only. Normally this is just a simple choice, but trying to find these two sizes together in the same brand AND line is shockingly difficult for an extremely common car. I can find a few combos for $40+/set, but I refuse to pay that much. I see 3 decent sets so far, but I'm hoping someone opens my eyes to others and/or pros & cons. The three cheapest sets I've found so far:

1. NAPA ProFormer beam blades - $19.98/set ($9.99 each). Part #s: OWI NPB28 and OWI NPB14
NAPA Link

2. Rain-X Latitude Water Repellency beam blades - $30.54/set ($15.27 each).
Walmart Link

3. Trico Force beam blades - $32.48/set ($19.99/$12.49). Part #s: WIP 25280 and WIP 25140
NAPA Link

I linked those particular sites because those are where I found that particular item the cheapest. I'm truly surprised AAP didn't make the cut on any wipers even with their 25% discounts. Anyway, does anyone have experience with the NAPA ProFormers? I'm just hesitant with store brands on some things. Also, between #2 and #3, since the cost difference is minimal, do the Forces outperform the Latitudes and command the higher price? Is the water repellency thing a gimmick (aka just infused with the same Rain-X I could buy separately)? Do you think 2 or 3 are worth an extra 50%+ over the ProFormers?

I'd really appreciate any feedback. Apparently asking for a matching set of respectable wipers for under $40 is asking a lot these days... Thanks in advance.

I love the Beam Style Wiper Blades and have used many brands. When they're full price, you have to buy the least expensive ones. RockAuto has them at a good price but, you need to combine them with other parts(or buy a lot) to save on shipping or include them in your current shipping price somehow based on warehouse location...If you know how it works.

Anyway, buy what you like or think you may like and try'em. Everyone has their favorite. I've been buying then Rain-X Latitude or their other marketed ones, at Big Lots and OLLIE's discount stores for about $5/ea, even if I can't get my exact size. It's OK to go a few inches shorter as you don't look up top or at bottom anyway. I do it all the time. Just don't go too short on the Passenger side as they're already short however, you can lose 1" without issues.

Rain-X for example, sells other beam wiper blades from other markets(Canada/Mexico) called Rain-X REPEL or HORIZON. They're the exact same beam blade as the U.S. Rain-X Latitude.

Also, I've have and continue to use, e.g., 24" in place of the 28". You only lose 2" top/2" bottom; where you don't look anyway! Been doing this for 100 yrs.

Last edited:
+1 on RockAuto; can't usually beat their prices. I use wiper blades as a "box filler" when other parts I'm ordering are coming from the same location, so the shipping increment is minimal.

The Rain-X Lat's seem to come up at the TOP in many surveys and(at one time) CR mag & customer reviews along with youtube vid's. I've used these more any others for the reasons I mentioned above so, this may make them my fav.

I'm currently liking the Rain-X "expert fit" line.
designed to fit and preform like the OE blades for your model, only $10 @ walmart (exclusive to Wally & Pepboys)

looks like they do have a beam that fits your drivers side, but the passenger is only the "conventional" style...

I have been buying Bosch beams, but they are expensive.
I used the Rain X Latitudes once and that was enough, I really did not like them!
Think I might try some PIAA silicone beams next because I want to spend even more money!
;^)

Rock Auto... even with $6 shipping they're cheaper than the parts stores.

I like the Trico NeoForm wipers I got for my Jeep and Sonata.

Rain-X now has a silicone beam wiper blade called AvantEDGE. I may try'em when I use up my wiper stash. By then, the price may come down and if they don't sell well, maybe I can find'em on the cheap at the closeout stores(Big Lots/OLLIEs).

I've had good luck with Rain-X Latitudes in the past, but I read some complaints about the new connector design.

RA has been cheaper than any parts store for me, even with shipping.

Last edited:
Best bang for the buck is to get your blades at your local Hyundai or KIA dealership. I have tried just about every aftermarket brand out there and nothing beats the OE blades.

Originally Posted by mclasser
I've had good luck with Rain-X Latitudes in the past, but I read some complaints about the new connector design .

I like the new connector.
e.g., the standard "J"hook can now be locked in and has less or no chance of coming loose after the wiper connector is snapped down. Undoing it for replacement later on can break a nail(Oh No!) so use a small screwdriver to lift up on the locking tab. Then remove as normal.

Get the Trico Tech from Rock Auto. The right side is a 13" size. It is about $20 for the set after shipping and a promo code
smile.gif

Apparently, Valeo thinks you can uses 16" blade on the right side, since that is what comes up in their catalogs
crazy2.gif

I've had Rain-X Latitudes disintegrate rapidly, the ends fall off in icy conditions. Hard to beat the Bosch Icons if you can find them for a good price, they outlast the others 2-1 EASILY! Or, if you have pin style arms, the Trico Force blades are good too-but the Icons will outlast them.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I love the Beam Style Wiper Blades and have used many brands. When they're full price, you have to buy the least expensive ones. RockAuto has them at a good price but, you need to combine them with other parts(or buy a lot) to save on shipping or include them in your current shipping price somehow based on warehouse location...If you know how it works.

Anyway, buy what you like or think you may like and try'em. Everyone has their favorite. I've been buying then Rain-X Latitude or their other marketed ones, at Big Lots and OLLIE's discount stores for about $5/ea, even if I can't get my exact size. It's OK to go a few inches shorter as you don't look up top or at bottom anyway. I do it all the time. Just don't go too short on the Passenger side as they're already short however, you can lose 1" without issues.

Rain-X for example, sells other beam wiper blades from other markets(Canada/Mexico) called Rain-X REPEL or HORIZON. They're the exact same beam blade as the U.S. Rain-X Latitude.

Also, I've have and continue to use, e.g., 24" in place of the 28". You only lose 2" top/2" bottom; where you don't look anyway! Been doing this for 100 yrs.

Great point CB
smile.gif

I use a 26 inch beam on my driver's side for my Altima 3.5. A 24 certainly can work has well.

OP stay away from the Rain x repellency beam blades... They are not good. Just check the reviews...

They are not good. Now having said that... The regular Rain X Latitude beam blades are excellent. Look at those reviews... A ton better than the repellency beam blades.. I tried the repellency beam blades and I was poed at how number1 poor they were.. garbage.

Originally Posted by bbhero

Great point CB
smile.gif

I use a 26 inch beam on my driver's side for my Altima 3.5. A 24 certainly can work has well.

I actually like the way the shorter(not short, just shorter) blades seat against the windshield much better than the longer blades. Just that little bit better IMO and it doesn't affect outward vision one single bit. Less so on the Passenger Side as they're already short(16"-17"). But even 1" shorter on the Pass Side is OK.

Just a caveat here. I don't go looking for shorter wiper blades. However if I'm in a pinch and need new blades and they're a great price(of the style & brand I like), I'll often take the shorter blades.
smile.gif

Last edited:

Originally Posted by bbhero

Great point CB
smile.gif

I actually like the way the shorter(not short, just shorter) blades seat against the windshield much better than the longer blades. Just that little bit better IMO and it doesn't affect outward vision one single bit. Less so on the Passenger Side as they're already short(16"-17"). But even 1" shorter on the Pass Side is OK.

Just a caveat here. I don't go looking for shorter wiper blades. However if I'm in a pinch and need new blades and they're a great price(of the style & brand I like), I'll often take the shorter blades.
smile.gif

Ohh I agree CB.. the shorter ones are better in terms of windshield contact.. and 28 is really quite long... A 24 or 26 is more than ample for good vision.

Thanks bb. You're one the few people that agree with me on this.
Another caveat. I don't just go around suggesting this for others to do however, it is a nice alternative.

I buy the Michelin blades sold at Walmart. They are the 2nd least expensive ones they sell and they work just as well as any of the expensive ones...I used to buy nothing but Anco blades, but I can't find them at any retailers anymore...don't know what happened to them...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back