Texaco and AAP Coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening, so I have 'found' these 'sealed' coolants laying around.

Question is, are they safe to use in a Japanese car or should I avoid them?

Thanks for the help and advice
thumbsup2.gif

Coolant.png

Guessing the Texaco is a Dexclone, probably the same for the AAP? If it's a modern Japanese engine using P-HOAT coolant, Zerex Asian or similar would be safer.

What about using them in a Japanese motorcycle from 90's and early 2000? I always have these [censored] coolant questions, there are a million around!
laugh.gif

The Texaco antifreeze is more than likely conventional green antifreeze. I have a couple of 20 year old Texaco Dex-Cool antifreeze containers and Dex-Cool is spelled out boldly. Can't say for sure about the AAP "Extended Life" antifreeze. From the "shadow" in the picture of the AAP container, it does not look like it is full. Have you removed the lid to see if you tell what color it is? Same question for the Texaco container.

Also, if the AAP antifreeze was a Dex-Cool clone, I am sure it would have some sort of reference to 5 years, 100000 miles for it's lifetime someplace on the label.

I agree that the Texaco looks like Conventional Green that I used years ago in my pre-90s cars.
The AAP says right on the label, "Extended Life" which is probably a 5yr/150K something or another DexCool-ish product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back