Ford's back and forth with approved and where we stand now. Specifically the 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil Delvac 1300 Super is low in zinc because it is an SN rated oil, suitable for use in automobiles. It is a dual use oil. They call it for "mixed fleets" use.

Hey Racin,
Try the Valvoline extreme blue 5w40 Syn. I think you will like it in the Fla heat. I tow a lot and works great.

The farmers around here love to lease the 6.7. They know what the emission system costs are down the road.

Originally Posted by merdog
Hey Racin,
Try the Valvoline extreme blue 5w40 Syn. I think you will like it in the Fla heat. I tow a lot and works great.

5w40 full syns work well in virtually all climates.

Originally Posted by dnewton3
Go look up some of them from roadrunner1; he ran dino Deere 10w-30 and got stellar results.
Also, while not posted here, my neighbor ran Rotella 10w-30 dino in his 6.0L and got great data as well.
You cannot go wrong with 10w-30 dino given normal OCIs and the moderate temps you see in MD.

You bet. Delvac Extreme 10w30 blend and Schaeffer 10w30 blend are also very good options. I primarily use the Schaeffer, but have used the Delvac version a couple of times.

Originally Posted by wdn
Mobil Delvac 1300 Super is low in zinc because it is an SN rated oil, suitable for use in automobiles. It is a dual use oil. They call it for "mixed fleets" use.

How is this circulated as fact? One zinc there is not a limit. It's the phosphorus which has the 800PPM limit. Two the API certfication alone does not limit phosphorus it is SN and resource conserving.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by wdn

How is this circulated as fact? One zinc there is not a limit. It's the phosphorus which has the 800PPM limit. Two the API certfication alone does not limit phosphorus it is SN and resource conserving.

Because it's true.
PQIA analysis of CK-4 Delvac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back