Napa Gold cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 3, 000 miles on it.

And look at the cool hat Filter Mag sent me for sending them a pic of my filter using one of their magnets.

20181022_184304_crop_563x663.jpg

20181022_184326_crop_508x505.jpg

20181022_184347-1024x1820.jpg

20181022_194853-1024x1820.jpg

What model is this? It looks just like the 1334 filter but I think I see "18" on the tapping plate, which obviously isn't the 1334.

I really like the Napa Golds, but the one I have on my Fusion now (1516) will likely be the first filter I ever change prior to changing the oil... I'm not sure I'm comfortable with going 15k on it- but Adam going 20k on a TG might get me convinced.

Originally Posted by blupupher

Did you use the filter mag on this filter?

No magnet on this vehicle/filter.

Unsurprisingly, looks good at 3k miles. These good for much longer. As I see no bypass, filter must be for a vehicle with a block bypass. Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Unsurprisingly, looks good at 3k miles. These good for much longer. As I see no bypass, filter must be for a vehicle with a block bypass. Thanks for c&p.

It uses the round metal piece to the right of the spring for bypass.

I would run these 10,000 miles no problem as they are a premium filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ZZman
Originally Posted by Sayjac
It uses the spring seen in the pic for bypass.

I would run these 10,000 miles no problem as they are a premium filter.
The coil spring is the compression spring Wix/NG uses to hold the filter element, adbv, parts tightly together. Many others use a leaf or flat spring. The 5/1040 noted, primary applications are older GM vehicles, that explain no bypass. Those vehicles have engine block bypass.

Edited comment
It uses the round metal piece to the right of the spring for bypass.
That piece is a metal spacer Wix uses to take the place of thier traditional thread end bypass for block bypass applications like this, or the minority applications that use dome bypass. I'd assume it's used for uniformity of canister construction.

I'd agree Wix/NG good for ~7500 to10k miles in a well maintained vehicle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back