PREMIUM GUARD UPG64R CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a 2018 Chevy Malibu at work. Filter and AC DELCO 0W20 DEXOS 1 GEN 2 oil in and on for 5,000 miles. Looks pretty good i say. Same oil and filter back in and on

Enjoy the pictures folks
smile.gif

20181022_171858.jpg

20181022_171902.jpg

20181022_172130.jpg

20181022_172138.jpg

20181022_172148.jpg

20181022_172219.jpg

20181022_172225.jpg

20181022_172237.jpg

Good looking filter. However I cannot in good faith buy Chinese made things if I have comparable or better priced American made alternatives. I'd personally run a Super Tech filter over this just to support US manufacturing.

What happened to you guys running Eco Power oil at the shop? None available in 0w20?

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Good looking filter. However I cannot in good faith buy Chinese made things if I have comparable or better priced American made alternatives. I'd personally run a Super Tech filter over this just to support US manufacturing.

What happened to you guys running Eco Power oil at the shop? None available in 0w20?

Still use ECO POWER 0w20 full syn in Nissan and Toyota and Mitsubishi. GM, GMC, Cadillac and Chevrolet get this 0w20
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Don't worry Luke, I'll always use Tough Guard or baldwins
smile.gif

My Tough Guard sez "Made in China."

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
Great looking filter. I believe the STP extended life oil filters at Autozone are these same as these.

No, the Premium Guard extended filters are black in color. The blue is the standard filter.

My last two Premium Guard standard filters (spin-on) were/are white. Purchased 3-4 months ago.
The outer cardboard box is blue.

Last edited:
These do seem pretty good. Similar peformance to Wix & NapaGold, of course Fram Ultra beats them all. Problem is, they are expensive $12 for a Premium Guard Extended vs. $9 Fram Ultra in my size, for example.

premiumguard.JPG

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by CR94
My Tough Guard sez "Made in China."
Cartridge?
Yes, the tiny 10358. It looks very good (aside from my doubts that rigid end caps seal against bypassing as well as other constructions). Much less erratic pleat spacing than in the (US-made) Ultra 10358s I've seen.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
These do seem pretty good. Similar peformance to Wix & NapaGold, of course Fram Ultra beats them all. Problem is, they are expensive $12 for a Premium Guard Extended vs. $9 Fram Ultra in my size, for example.

Guess what though oil_film... I can get a black made Premium Guard in Federated Auto for $5.39... and it is the same exact oil filter.... Now that is a very good deal indeed.

That center tube looks amazing! Prime Guard has a similar looking filter, probably made by the same people. I just hope FRAM and Napa/Wix keep using hole center tubes. I'm not against louvers, provided they're open properly which most aren't it seems. Only louvers that look really good are the ones used on big truck filters, those are open WIDE like they should be! But the volume of oil that has to be filtered through one of those suckers is huge, there can't be any compromises.

Originally Posted by jongies3
That center tube looks amazing! Prime Guard has a similar looking filter, probably made by the same people. I just hope FRAM and Napa/Wix keep using hole center tubes. I'm not against louvers, provided they're open properly which most aren't it seems. Only louvers that look really good are the ones used on big truck filters, those are open WIDE like they should be! But the volume of oil that has to be filtered through one of those suckers is huge, there can't be any compromises.

The NAPA GOLD i c&p recently had "louvers "
frown.gif

It was the 51358. I've heard something about the 57356 possibly being louvers now, but the NAPA Gold 7356 versions I had were still done with holes. I forgot to look last time I was at the parts store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back