Mazda SkyActiv FZ 71,210mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this on behalf of Mazdas247 forum member. I thought this might be of the interest, as Mazda ATF UOAs are not widely represented here.
The vehicle is CX-5 with 71,20mi at the time the sample was taken. This particular transaxle does not have an easy way to perform a complete fluid flush, so two subsequent drain and fills have been performed.
The fluid is blue when virgin, Mazda strongly suggests on its usage. I think I saw only one aftermarket fluid that claims compatibility.
This is "lifetime" fluid. There is quite a debate about the need or benefits of the fluid service, and any comments or suggestions are much appreciated.

tapatalk_1540232023608.png

Last edited:
Here's another sample from Mazda forum, taken way back, different vehicle, but also same generation of CX-5 SkyActiv transaxle.

tapatalk_1540232800346.jpeg

Last edited:
Its thinned out below grade so it seems necessary to change the fluid from time to time. Would be smart I think forthe owner to do regular pan and drain fills from now on maybe every 20k. Also a 3rd drain and fill now might be a good idea to help minimize the rest of the break in wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back