Carquest Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carquest blue filters are made by Baldwin. Have been since shortly after the acquisition by Advance Auto.
The carquest oil is Ashland.

Originally Posted by hazmat456
Carquest blue filters are made by Baldwin. Have been since shortly after the acquisition by Advance Auto.
The carquest oil is Ashland.

I thought the oil is AMALIE. Probably wrong though

Originally Posted by hazmat456

Proof?
I know a few of the Blue are Baldwin made (diesel filters IIRC, maybe some other oddball sizes), but the bulk of CQ Blue are Puro made (puro date codes, oval holes, louvered center tube, sliced ADV and torn media).
OK, maybe the last to are not 100% true.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by irv
Originally Posted by Nyogtha
Originally Posted by irv
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
CQ filters have been Purolator for a while. I hunted down every last PH2/FL-820S CQ Blue equivalent they had when they were phased out (87352s), I got the last of those.

What year, Bullwinkle? I had no idea who made them, I just went with my buddy telling me they were made by Wix and I trusted him, especially since he works at CQ.

I want to cut apart my current one in use more than ever now, but at the same time, that may not be a smart decision based on what I have learned about Purolator filters on here!
eek.gif

Irv,

If you're purchasing the CQ Blue 84899 or Red R84899 for your truck there is no fear of getting a Purolator manufactured filter. Purolator dropped this model number when they started manufacturing CQ filters and changed their application to use the 85372 / R85372 model number instead. So if you are using and continue to buy 84899 / R84899 CQ filters, you will have either NOS manufactured by Wix or NOS manufactured by Frampion. There is only a limited supply of NOS Wix & Frampion CQ oil filters circulating around out there for purchase and when they're gone, they're gone.

In the 84899 I have both a Wix and a Frampion dated Nov 2014 so that's when the Wix line ended for the 84899; the latest Frampion manufactured one I have is early 2016 so that's when the Frampion production ended and 84899 ceased to be manufactured.

That is good to know, Nyogtha!

Those have been the filters I have used since my Ram's first oil change (Red, I believe, 84899's for sure) I plan on doing an oil change this coming spring, March/April, so I will verify that for sure, and like I previously said, I hope to cut this one open.

I appreciate the info, as always, Nyogtha!
cheers3.gif

I forgot about this thread.
I just checked again and the filter I took off in the spring was a CQ blue filter, or at least the label is blue. It is a 84899 "Made in the U.S." but that's basically all the info I can get off of it.

Since the oil change in the spring, I am currently running a TG2.
I also never got around to cutting this CQ filter open. That is another job that is on the list, as well as cutting open my wife's XG10575 and my snowmobiles HF-147 snowmobile filter.

From this point on, as I already have a stash of TG2's, the TG2's will be my go to filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back