Only in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/4567392/...rs-after-pair-enter-wrong-home-clean-it/

RCMP reminds Nova Scotians to lock their doors after pair enter wrong home, clean it

RCMP are reminding Nova Scotians to lock their doors after investigating a report of suspicious activity in Upper Tantallon, N.S., involving a conspicuously clean home.

RCMP say just before 3 p.m., officers responded to a complaint that there were two suspicious women in a home.

The Mounties were called by the homeowner, who was not home at the time. The homeowners had been contacted by a concerned neighbour after the two women were observed in the home with a vacuum cleaner and a mop.

Police later determined that the house was left unlocked in order for the neighbour to walk the owner's dog. Instead, two women showed up, cleaned the house, and left without knowing they had the wrong address.

"Although the house was cleaned for free, RCMP would like to take this opportunity to remind homeowners to ensure their doors are locked at all times," the Mounties wrote in a press release, adding that they commended the neighbours for being observant and contacting the homeowner.

Yeah, I know. If you're not careful they'll come in and install granite counter tops.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Yeah, I know. If you're not careful they'll come in and install granite counter tops.
laugh.gif

No Doot A-Boot it.

Wrong houses happen all the time. The famous one around here is when you take out the old oil tank, but don't remove the outside oil fill. Then the oil delivery person goes to the wrong address and tries to fill up a non existent tank and the basement gets filled with oil. Happens all the time.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Wrong houses happen all the time. The famous one around here is when you take out the old oil tank, but don't remove the outside oil fill. Then the oil delivery person goes to the wrong address and tries to fill up a non existent tank and the basement gets filled with oil. Happens all the time.

When I had gas installed I had them take out the oil pipes and use the same hole for the gas line and then patched around it. I could see it happening because even though I canceled the oil service weeks prior they still showed up for the regular delivery and if the pipes were still there and I wasn't home I would have ended up with an oil filled basement for sure as the tank was removed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by jhellwig
I predict this get locked in 10 comments or less.

How?

Yeah no idea how that would happen.

Speaking of doors unlocked... Reminds me of the case where during a hot summer day, a home owner left his front door open. The police came by and thought it was a robbery in progress. The owner was sitting at a desk with his back to the door and when the police showed up, he turned toward them and was shot and killed. The police were never charged with anything because they said they thought they saw a weapon and only had a split second so they shot.

Point of that story is to always keep your front door closed.

I remember when my parents started locking their doors at night. A family was murdered at Shell Lake Saskatchewan and my parents decided it might be a good idea to lock their doors. "Locking" the doors meant putting a hook into an eye - a system only intended to hold window screens in place.

Before that my dad once found a mother and baby sitting in the kitchen one morning when he got up to light the fires. It was fair time and they were strangers. That would have been very early - about 5:30 or 6:00 am. We guessed they had come in to warm up. They just quietly left when he got up. I'm surprised he didn't offer them breakfast - but knowing him he probably did. That episode didn't seem to have frightened anyone.

I was walking about in Brindisi, Italy and saw an inviting set of chairs and a table in a building at street level. I walked in and sat down in an old lady's apartment.

She was in another chair and reacted happily for the company. Yet another instance where I wished I could speak Italian.

If that is all it takes... I will to. I hate cleaning the house.
grin2.gif

lol.gif

Originally Posted by Kira
I was walking about in Brindisi, Italy and saw an inviting set of chairs and a table in a building at street level. I walked in and sat down in an old lady's apartment.

She was in another chair and reacted happily for the company. Yet another instance where I wished I could speak Italian.

My Nonna would have been the same. She loved company and regularly would leave her doors open in her house in Italy for folks to stop by. Sometimes strangers just needing a temporary rest and some water before continuing on. I never witnessed this but my dad has told me this on occasion that it was the norm when he was growing up there before he moved to Canada in the 1960's.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by jhellwig
I predict this get locked in 10 comments or less.

How?

Yeah no idea how that would happen.

Speaking of doors unlocked... Reminds me of the case where during a hot summer day, a home owner left his front door open. The police came by and thought it was a robbery in progress. The owner was sitting at a desk with his back to the door and when the police showed up, he turned toward them and was shot and killed. The police were never charged with anything because they said they thought they saw a weapon and only had a split second so they shot.

Point of that story is to always keep your front door closed.

I figured someone would say that if it happened in the US the cleaners would have been shot then we would go down the typical political/racist hole.

I'm from the USA and I'm not offended. Any country that can get away with a kid force that solves odd crimes, a vampire police detective that drinks cow blood, and Dudley Dooright for law enforcement must be much safer than here.

I shared this with people at work...unanimously the response was hat they were going to leave doors unlocked.

Originally Posted by Shannow
I shared this with people at work...unanimously the response was hat they were going to leave doors unlocked.

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back