CASTROL 0W40 5qt. No More ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart all out everywhere , cant even order it . Crazy prices on interweb . Whats going on did they stop making it ?

Last see at Canadian Tire on Sept 7, but in 5 liters.
laugh.gif

225B52BC-DF0B-4181-A839-FA6566417A0E.jpeg

Last edited:
Last seen in a southeastern Wisconsin Walmart this morning, there were at least 15 5-quart containers on the shelf. Which of course might mean I'm the only one who buys it there.

I also see it is not available for order online either, maybe it's back to M1 after all.

$36.65 on Prime, that's not "crazy" but more than I'm willing to pay as long as M1 is available.

Originally Posted by Kjmack
I will go to Pennzoil 0w40 before Mobil 1 0w40 been there done that .

You can get that the Euro version at Walmart?

I have like 9 jugs of the 0W40 Pennzoil Euro on the shelf, I cleaned out all the Walmarts around me when it was on clearance for $7/jug.

Should be a vehicle-lifetime supply since I ran it to 13.5k on the Odyssey and it still looked great on the UOA.

My local WM was also out. I ended up driving to the next closest WM and they had it thankfully. It's the only oil I run in the Jetta. Hopefully they won't stop making it, it's best in class IMO.

Originally Posted by kschachn
I will go to Pennzoil 0w40 before Mobil 1 0w40 been there done that .

You can get that the Euro version at Walmart?

They used to have PP Euro until they cleared it out for $7/5qt. Does anyone know if they will ever restock? Have they chosen to only keep Mobil 1 because it is the best selling 0W-40, and only BITOGers buy 0W-40 from walmart? (low demand)

I knew when i was there i should have picked up a few more 22 bucks Jeesh im a dummy .

I knew when i was there i should have picked up a few more 22 bucks Jeesh im a dummy .

What spec do you require?

Originally Posted by kschachn

What spec do you require?
VW 502

Originally Posted by Serge
So, who wants to buy my 5qt jugs? Bidding starts at $40. Per jug.

Meh, I'll just move the three feet back down the Walmart shelf where I was two years ago.

Yup checked out the oil isle a couple weeks ago when I was there. Not only was there no Edge 0w40, there wasn't any Edge of any flavor on the shelf, just empty space. I know which Walmart to get the Pennzoil Euro 0w40 so I guess that's what's next; I refuse to order online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back