Grocery shopping: where do you shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I use the local ma and pop deli and Foodland that's 80+ years old for meats and some veggies. And a farmers market every Tuesday
smile.gif

Wal Mart for almond milk and even a oil filter cutting addict uses coupons
wink.gif

Where does the BITOG faithful shop for food?

Kroger when I'm in the U.S. because of how great they have been to good friends of mine and locally wherever is the least expensive because things aren't cheap up here.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Kroger when I'm in the U.S. because of how great they have been to good friends of mine and locally wherever is the least expensive because things aren't cheap up here.

Wish there was a Kroger near me. I am close to West Virginia which has a nice SPARKLE market

We used to have Krogers in Pittsburgh but they left years ago due to a disagreement between management and the union. If you know where the new Carvana and Top Golf is near Bridgeville, there was some talk a while ago about a Wegman's going in there. That would change the game with Giant Eagle.

Walmart, Meijer, and Kroger. With regular stops to Country Fresh Market for produce, they're better & cheaper than the Big 3 here (although Meijer sometimes has deals).

Local Town and Country market, been around for 50+ YRS, owned by a local Japanese family.

Originally Posted by justintendo
Aldis for everything possible...walmart for a few other things. Local meat shopd for steaks, wings, etc..

Wish there was a Wegmans around!

Yeah, i like a lot of stuff ALDI has

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by StevieC

Wish there was a Kroger near me. I am close to West Virginia which has a nice SPARKLE market

I was told by our friends that they are now the largest grocer in the U.S. and they keep gobbling up smaller chains. You can now order your groceries to Walgreen locations for pick-up from Kroger as well. They actually spend a lot of money training the pickers to pick quality produce for these shipments as well so it just isn't just anything arriving.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back