High lift blades for Toro Timemaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the 30" Toro Timemaster. A huge step up from my 22" Ariens self propelled.

So now I want to mulch the leaves into tiny bits. The mower is chopping the leaves on top of the grass but not the ones that may be wet and are down in the grass. Some areas of the lawn do not get a lot of sun these days.

I see Toro sells a high lift kit for the mower. What exactly does the high lift blades do? Develop more lift to lift the grass up straight, maybe pull some of the leaves that are in the grass?

So you got that cheap CL mower? Grats

When it first came out it had low lift blades, Toro sold some high lift blades for the Turfmaster commercial mower. I've tried both, prefer the high lift, supposedly they put more strain on the engine to turn so Toro doesn't officially recommend. Year 2-3 they started shipping them all with a higher lift blade.

The high lift gives you more vacuum, more suction, ect. i don't really mulch with mine, i either side discharge or bag. Side discharge is very fast and you can double cut if it you can still see anything.

Buy the blades, try them out, you won't be out much. You will have two sets of blades so you can always have a sharp set on hand. A cordless impact makes a blade swap so easy.

Yes high lift blades will give a better cut (stand up the grass) and also pull up leaves that are stuck in the grass. Some manufacturers recommend high lift blades anytime a bag is attached.

High lift and mulching don't mix well! You will be pulling the engine down, and there is no opposite pitch in the middle of the blade to circulate the clippings back down, so they will get packed into the deck. I have always thought high lift was for bagging or side discharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back