Can Mobil1 M110 Extended performance filter go 14 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was thinking to ditch 6 months oci and go 12 specially as my car burns oil.
same goes with filter but due to logistics I want to go 14 months on M1 110 filter instead of 12..
during these 14 months though oil will be changed mid way...total milage expected max 160000 kms over 14 more nths
any issues?

If you actually go that long on an oil filter, PLEASE cut it open for us at the end of the OCI
35.gif

The best filters to use for a very long OCI would be the Fram Ultra or WIx XP (Napa Platinum)

There's no question until you want to go past 24 months/24k miles. Then let's talk.

Originally Posted by asker123
during these 14 months though oil will be changed mid way

No need to change the oil.

Slacktide.....Its advertised for 12 months... will extra 2 months cause that much an issue.

Those numbers are with ideal conditions and ideal driving routine and a well maintained engine. It should be okay in your situation but consider everything before going ahead.

Slacktide.....Its advertised for 12 months... will extra 2 months cause that much an issue.

I saw your edit 16000 km

At first, you said 160000 km
crazy2.gif

I was typing my previous reply while you posted the correction
smile.gif

I have been doing 6 months oci with regular Mobil1 oil and M1 110 filter.
Even honda says change filter every 12 months....I want to switch to 12 months oci...oil and filter both at the same time with Mobil1 EP and call it a year...
car is only driven over weekends mainly...Just for this one time want to run 14 months on filter..

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
You can run it for the whole life of the car if you want to. Not saying how long the car will last but you're the one buying the new one.

isn't changing filter every 12 months normak with a quality filter? am I missing something.
I am only adding 2 more months considering that it is driven on weekends only

You can run it 14 months, it'll be totally fine.

Unless they changed it Honda says change the filter every other oil change or 24 months.

I've left them on for 20k and all is fine
Drive to much to not hit 20k before a year is up but let's be realistic here, 1,2,3, years or more isn't gonna be an issue unless you have an issue with your engine. I'd leave it on for the whole 20k or at least get your 14 months out of it.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Linctex has a MC filter I believe he said has been in use some 5 years, and that's a cellulose filter. 14 months is nothing for a synblend media.

^^^^^

Great point. And good job sending those filters to 53... You two guys really have been kicking rear end a lot with what you all have been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back