Alfred Pick / Vietnam Veteran Scam Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
MODS AND ADMINS: I am aware that this is the subject of a previously locked thread. I am only posting this because pretty much everyone in that thread was taken in by this story, and there is a crowdfunding campaign to help this "poor veteran". Opinions are opinions. Perspectives are perspectives. Rules are rules. Fine.

But I don't want a BITOG'er to get shafted out of his cash without knowing the whole truth. Immediately lock this post if you want, but at least leave it up so people can avoid getting pilfered.
------------------------------------

Media Story: A decorated Vietnam veteran is sentenced to 7 years in prison for purchasing an illegal firearm 40 years ago.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/vietnam-...rs-for-decades-old-rifle-purchase-report

The truth: Alfred Pick is a decorated Vietnam veteran, but he is also a cocaine addict who was in possession of firearms. The ATF was not looking for the illegal firearm. He threatened to shoot up a hospital, which caused police to refer the matter to the ATF. The Feds discovered the illegal firearm after raiding his home, as well as cocaine and marijuana. He was not sentenced to one single day for the illegal weapon. The charges for the illegal weapon were dropped as a part of his plea agreement, and he plead to using drugs while in possession of his legal firearms.

Factors involved in the sentencing of Alfred Pick as recorded in his Federal case:

*Threatening to shoot up a hospital
*Two previous encounters with police where he brandished a firearm in parking lots
*Threatening to fly an airplane full of explosives into the home of the Federal Magistrate Judge who denied him bond
*Threatening to kill the ATF agents involved in his case
*Statements he could "teach the Vegas shooter a thing or two"
*Reports from his daughter to investigators that he systematically abused her for 13 years as a child
*Reports from witnesses that he claims he stole the illegal rifle from the US Military while in service

All of these details are recorded by LOCAL news outlets. The clickbait nationals are reporting only the details that make this sound like a tragic case of unfair treatment of an elderly veteran.

Save your money and your sympathy. This guy does not deserve it!

But if you explain it clearly and concisely how will anyone blame (insert anything you want) for the misjustice as expressed elsewhere?? My only addition is I wish he would have/could have received some sort of treatment years ago and it may not have gotten to this.

Let me clarify that I am NOT accusing the person who posted the original story here of any sort of dishonest intention. I'm certain he believed the story was true. The media is the one misrepresenting.

There's a lot about the whole story that could be chalked up to PTSD, but the stuff with his daughter? If that is true, then I'm sorry he didn't get life.

And that's the rest of the story...

Originally Posted by Trav
Well at least he is a decorated Vietnam veteran. Who knows why these poor guys loose it, they need help more than condemnation.

Too true.

Originally Posted by eljefino
People who donate to sob stories deserve to lose their money.

That could be said for people following all ideologies.

Since this will likely still verge to P, Im going to lock it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back