Small engine - oil additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have some Liqui Moly 20002 Cera Tec Friction Modifier left over in the can.

Thinking of dosing it in the Honda HRX mower, or inverter generator or both.
I have ran both the mower and generator on Rotella since new - any thoughts dumping a dose in either/both?
Just a thought...

I would try it! Years ago I put left over STP, Lucas, etc in my Honda mower. I dont think it affected anything at the time, and it still runs fine 15 years later.

Several years ago, I bought up the shelf of Street Legal Oil Boost(SLOB). Anyone remember this oil additive?

Anyway, I had so much of the SLOB and even though using it on a regular basis(mostly hard used OPE), there was still several bottles sitting on my shelf waiting to be used up. When I got the the last several bottles, they had congealed/coagulated(did I say that right?) into what looked like oatmeal. Just kind of this chunky YUK!

So needless to say, I threw'em away.

I put about an oz of leftover LiquiMoly in my third OC on the Generac 6500 on top of less than one bottle of 10w30 VR1 synthetic. Engine runs great and quiet even when hot.

It didn't run too well with just Chevron 5w30 for the first OCI. Made a lot of racket when hot. Knock knock knock clatter LOUD!

Reminds me I'm going to try M1 0w40 this OC.

Fingers Crossed!

I've got to mention something I think is pretty incredible. Shortly after I bought my little Briggs powered push mower from Wal-Mart, I got very irritated with the little spring that helps adjust the throttle for load to keep it from bogging out, etc. This worked in conjunction with a factory idle that was of course below WOT.

Well I got so irritated I took that spring and bent it in a way that made the motor run wide-@ss open all the time. I filled it with Mobil 1 5w30 Advanced full synthetic and have ran it wide open for over 15 years and the only issue I had is it blew the muffler apart. Still running great and cuts grass as fast as you can walk. I guess my point is with a good oil, this is one tough little engine and I can't imagine any additive having made it any better or 'tougher'..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I put about an oz of leftover LiquiMoly in = Engine runs quiet even when hot.

with just Chevron 5w30 = Made a lot of racket when hot. Knock knock knock clatter LOUD!!

I really find this quite hard to believe.

I think your ears are hearing what they want to hear.

Originally Posted by Linctex
I really find this quite hard to believe.

I think your ears are hearing what they want to hear.

Why? Everyone on BITOG knows that without proper oil additives, you'll have the following problems =

The carburetor won't carb,
The battery won't bat,
The pistons won't - - - well they just wont work either...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Several years ago, I bought up the shelf of Street Legal Oil Boost(SLOB). Anyone remember this oil additive?

Anyway, I had so much of the SLOB and even though using it on a regular basis(mostly hard used OPE), there was still several bottles sitting on my shelf waiting to be used up. When I got the the last several bottles, they had congealed/coagulated(did I say that right?) into what looked like oatmeal. Just kind of this chunky YUK!

So needless to say, I threw'em away.

LM MoS2 in my lawnmover...

DSC_0950.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back