what 08 Nissan Armada rear diff and tranmission use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
only last few step before i done maint my aunt 08 nissan armada , truck run great. now I have to change the rear diff and drain the transmission fluid, it have drain plug on it. about the rear I read say nissan switch from 75w90 to 75w140 on the titan, amsoils site still tell me to use 75w90.

on transmission what fluid I can use beside nissan atf. thanks

I would definitely consult the 08 Armada fsm about what to use. Brand wise,I've been using Amsoil Severe Gear in my Nissan's rear diff.

I use to own a Titan and if you tow then I would use the 75w140. If not the 75w90 is fine. I used Supertech 75w140 in my titan.

For transmission I used maxlife ATF in mine and I towed with it. Any synthetic fluid that says it meets Nissan spec should work. So Castrol transmax, Havoline, etc... On my titan there was a dipstick and drain plug so its pretty easy to do.

I start like these nissan truck, they are so easy to maint and the stuff they require are so universal
smile.gif
thank you all.

On those behemoths 75w110 will serve her well, also in TX this is ideal (Amsoil 75W110).
Nissan transmissions are very easy on fluids - best go with OEM for good night sleep and sanity.

Originally Posted by MaximaGuy
On those behemoths 75w110 will serve her well, also in TX this is ideal (Amsoil 75W110).
Nissan transmissions are very easy on fluids - best go with OEM for good night sleep and sanity.

The 75W110 is my go-to viscosity grade as well for rear differentials and is and all around viscosity grade with good film strength in all temps.

im fan of something I can get easy at local, 110 weight is no where to be found local. anyway i already put in 2 quart of mobil 1 75w90. and my aunt already got her truck back. thanks for all the help.

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
im fan of something I can get easy at local, 110 weight is no where to be found local. anyway i already put in 2 quart of mobil 1 75w90. and my aunt already got her truck back. thanks for all the help.

Adavance Auto Parts and Wal-Mart must be to difficult to find local in Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back