Filing for divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Well he has 31 yrs invested and you can bet that from a financial perspective he'll lose half of his assets.

So you think the financial assets are all the husband's? Interesting.

Last edited:
Maybe the wife makes much more than him ?

Either way.... lots of people stayed married even if they are not really that happy. Its hard to start over once you get past a certain age.

Originally Posted by wtd
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by wtd
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Jarlaxle said:
In 12 hours, she rendered him homeless, literally penniless (less than a dollar to his name), and destroyed the career he had been working toward since he was ten years old. He washed down a bottle of sleeping pills with a fifth of Jack Daniels 4 days before Christmas.

I think I would have had to take her with me.

He didn't want to leave his daughter an orphan. He explained that in his suicide note. (More of a letter...I recall it was 4 pages.)

I can understand that. Definitely a bad situation. I don't think he did his daughter any favors by leaving her with a woman like that. She may teach her daughter to be just like her. Suicide is a selfish act and most people who do it don't think of every one it effects that is left behind. My uncle did it, leaving behind a wife and two kids, one of which was only 6 months old.

Honestly...he had no way out. His life was over. He was homeless, penniless, career gone, everything he loved doing gone, and at the very real risk of ending up in prison. (She accused him of molesting his daughter.)

Originally Posted by Al
Well he has 31 yrs invested and you can bet that from a financial perspective he'll lose half of his assets.

I've earned all the money and neither of us inherited much of anything.

I always listened to Dad's (and teacher's) advice. The problem is that my grandfathers never gave me advice, so I blame them. Had they done so, I would have been better educated on female behavior later in life. Yes, I eventually did the research and I now know what I should have 40 years ago. Women change, and 2 out of 3 older women lose all interest. It's natural, hormonal and common. Contrast that with the 15% of men who lose interest. We truly are different, men and women.

I adore my wife and there is an unfortunate adjustment on my side for it. Furthermore, I'm not alone, you will hear similar comments from many older married men.

HOWEVER, "if" I could go back in time, I'd never marry.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Originally Posted by Al

I've earned all the money and neither of us inherited much of anything.

I always listened to Dad's (and teacher's) advice. The problem is that my grandfathers never gave me advice, so I blame them. Had they done so, I would have been better educated on female behavior later in life. Yes, I eventually did the research and I now know what I should have 40 years ago. Women change, and 2 out of 3 older women lose all interest. It's natural, hormonal and common. Contrast that with the 15% of men who lose interest. We truly are different, men and women.

I adore my wife and there is an unfortunate adjustment on my side for it. Furthermore, I'm not alone, you will hear similar comments from many older married men.

HOWEVER, "if" I could go back in time, I'd never marry.

CUJET,

correct me if I'm wrong:
-you drive highly powered/highly maneuverable cars
-you can fly a plane
-you can repair a plane/helicopter
-you are pretty fit
-you have pictures with you at 10,000+ feet

I'n contrast:
-I have a belly
-I'm afraid to ride a bycicle (and definitely a motorcycle )

I'm sure someone on this Earth would want to recognize your expertise and your interests...

Problem is, lots of unhappy married folks thinks its better to get divorced..... until they get out to the dating world.

Then they realize their former wife who flew on a broom (everyday, not just on Halloween) wasn't sooo bad after all.

But it's not men, but women choosing divorce in 2/3rds to 3/4s of all cases. So I'm not sure I'd put this all on men.

Men may be slow to commit, but it seems once they've decided to commit, they are less likely to end the marriage relative to women.

Some women end it by choosing divorce. Others end it by choosing to make their husbands a roommate instead of a romantic and sexual partner.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Problem is, lots of unhappy married folks thinks its better to get divorced..... until they get out to the dating world.

Then they realize their former wife who flew on a broom (everyday, not just on Halloween) wasn't sooo bad after all.

Women initiate divorce because they know the courts favor them 90% of the time.

Unless they are drug addicts or some other crazy problem..... the guy has to pack a suitcase and leave.

Which is why any man getting married, short of snaring a rich widow or heiress, should have his head examined. It's like Russian roulette with three in the cylinder.

Definitely do the cats there if you are bringing the truck.
I would still avoid all the trouble by getting a truck here.
You will love San Diego.
California is the world's 5th largest economy; there is a lot going on here.
The Community Colleges are great for retraining if that is a possibility.
You will have a whole new life!

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

I'm on my first marriage, and not planning on divorce, so I can't say for sure that you are right. Many men say divorce is the answer and that it takes time to recover.

However, what you say seems accurate in some situations. I've done the research and I've done the thinking. Female behavior is understandable and not everyone gets it. Certainly, I have a good wife, and a great life. I just miss the affection. I don't feel that is worthy of divorce. It's only worthy of complaint. Also, as my health has failed, it's much less of an issue.

Cujet,

I was saying that in general.... not directed at you.

Some folks get bored in a marriage and then meet someone else and its all sunshine and roses. Divorce is sooo easy today that many don't take a step back and look at the big picture before signing on the dotted line.

No marriage is perfect...

Had a buddy that netted a rich second wife, River Oaks of Houston gal. No prenup, everything of hers was protected an tied up in trusts, he had no access to any of her funds, only she and her dad had such access. She became his second ex-wife. So no success on the philosophy of marrying wealthy in todays world of lawyering up. I honestly doubt I would get married if I had it all to do over again, and if anything did happen to my marriage, I guarantee I wouldn't do it a second time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by HM12460
I would NEVER, EVER, EVER encourage a young man to get married. MGTOW all the way.

I think it depends on the people involved. I think many get married too soon, or for the wrong reasons. They also will have kids too soon, which puts stress on the relationship. My grandparents will be married 60 years in a few months.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure of the "benefit" of marriage. I've done several calculators that show if I legally married my long time lady, we would pay more in taxes... It seems there is tax advantage if there is one bread winner. We both make a good amount, and make roughly equal amounts. The combined salary would mean we pay more. I see things occasionally that say the younger generation is "killing" marriage. I think they're wising up. Why do I have to sign a document with the gov't in order to stay with someone? Makes little sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back