Beef failures,,,yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant imagine anyone who thinks that the quality of the meat from these places is good. Its strictly edible and thats about it. It always makes me wonder how they can make everything taste exactly the same all around the world. Avoid fast food

So, you'd rather eat meat from a sick cow?
Or is the problem with cows getting medicine that don't show explicit signs of sickness? Then, that would be similar to how people typically are given medicine for viruses or unknown causes.
Also, anitbiotics are long gone before animal is slaughtered. There's a required delay in place, at least in this country.

Originally Posted by benjamming
So, you'd rather eat meat from a sick cow?
Or is the problem with cows getting medicine that don't show explicit signs of sickness? Then, that would be similar to how people typically are given medicine for viruses or unknown causes.
Also, anitbiotics are long gone before animal is slaughtered. There's a required delay in place, at least in this country.

Its really just a waste of time trying to educate anti Beef eating people that think their better than you are I'll go get a nice big piece of Ribeye rare
Workout hard lift heavy and stay lean doing so.

This is why when I buy meats I go to third generation butcher who procures his stock from local farms, its all grass fed and free roaming chickens (I know the farms the animals live good).

Originally Posted by Trav
This is why when I buy meats I go to third generation butcher who procures his stock from local farms, its all grass fed and free roaming chickens (I know the farms the animals live good).

Do you believe a local farmer with a young sick calf would not gve it antibiotics seriously

Here's the rub... I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority (90+%) of the beef you buy at the grocery store or butcher is exactly the same.

Unless you're actively seeking out beef raised without the use of preemptive antibiotics, they're already there in just about everything you buy.

That means that the "study" is really just a clickbait way to bring attention to the agenda of those funding the study. Resorting to letter grades in a study is a pretty good indication of that as well.

I mean, antibiotic-resistant bacteria is a bad thing. Nobody is going to disagree with that. The focus of this whole study, fast food, is just... lame.

Animals are medicated because they are packed together in feed lots like people in a city. There also can be Round up and other herbicides in the meat.

Originally Posted by dave123

Do you believe a local farmer with a young sick calf would not gve it antibiotics seriously
+1

Originally Posted by Shannow
http://www.takepart.com/article/2014/10/07/10-most-toxic-commercial-fruits-and-vegetables

The ten most toxic fruits and vegetables...chemical concentrations over international limits, chemicals banned in other countries...who would have guessed ?

Eat your veggies, maybe not the best advice these days

Originally Posted by oemjunk
Great. I have been eating an apple with my lunch everyday for the last three years; I'm dead.

This is an oil board and we all know moly, so it's only fitting to mention that moly obtained from the diet is critical for powering the innate nitrosamine metabolic pathway. Nitrosamines are implicated in digestive system and colon cancers. Get your moly and according to science, rest assured.
thumbsup2.gif

eg. http://faculty.virginia.edu/metals/cases/east1.html

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by dave123

+1

Of course I don't think local farmers chronically dose their livestock with high levels of antibiotics to promote overgrowth, that's factory farm strategy.

Wikipedia of the people behind the study:

Public Interest Research Groups are a federation of U.S. and Canadian non-profit organizations that employ grassroots organizing and direct advocacy with the goal of effecting liberal political change.
Founder: Ralph Nader
Founded: 1971
Motto: Standing up to powerful interests

That article is misleading. It isn't saying antibiotics are in the meat, it is claiming fast food "fails the test" of buying meat from cattle treated with antibiotics.

It's propaganda from "animal rights" groups.

Originally Posted by Audios
I cant imagine anyone who thinks that the quality of the meat from these places is good. Its strictly edible and thats about it. It always makes me wonder how they can make everything taste exactly the same all around the world. Avoid fast food

+1

I only eat grass fed organic burger when I eat burger at home, for about three yrs now. I eat zero fast food burger. I can't even fix reg ground beef anymore it's texture and such seems rubbery compared to grass fed. It's pricey but I can afford to prioritize what I put into my body, it's important to me. I choose either Laura's or Full Circle brands. Sometimes a local ranch sells grass fed beef at a farmer's market that is held on select Fridays here, but you have to get there early to get any. Apparently it's a bit of an Art Form for the ranchers as to when to take the cattle off grass and start giving them more traditional feed in the time leading up to slaughter, in order to marble the mean just right or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back