Meguiars Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meguiars Wax which one do you guys like more cleaner wax, gold class or cleaner wax? Thanks

I do like the Ultimate Liquid a lot. But, I think I will try Meguiar's #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 Mirror Glaze, next time just for something different.

I seem to recall that hi tech #26 is actually one of the more top performing waxes but gold class is like butter with a really deep finish.

I thought Ultimate liquid wax was one of their best waxes. I've been using Ultimate spray wax and it goes on easy and comes off easy.

Whatever wax you choose, follow it with this: Meguiar's D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax.

I'm an old guy. Wish I had discovered this decades ago.

Water beads off like nobody's business in rain storms so well you'll be tempted to skip washing.

I have two light colored vehicles that can often be "hand washed" using wet
terry cloth towels in no time.

Meguiar's Cleaner Wax is not bad for the price (there's a reason why it's one of their best selling waxes). It's very slightly abrasive (it has calcined clay in it) which gives it its polishing and cleaning ability, but is it as good as a pure wax or a pure polish? Nope. It's for when you want a little of both and don't want to have to do both separate steps.

Their GC wax is carnauba-based and is known for making colors more warm and deep, especially dark colors. This also has a little bit of calcined clay in it so it polishes very slightly.

Their ultimate wax is longer lasting than any of their other waxes and it's known for making very good reflections (but not changing the shade of colors like GC does). This too also has a little bit of calcined clay in it so it polishes very slightly.

I currently use their GC wax when I want the car to look good during the summer, when I want protection before the season changes I go with something longer lasting and synthetic like Ultimate Wax or Turtle Wax ICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back