Get ready for 15% Ethanol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Rat407
Originally Posted by benjy
the government subsidizes the corn pee made from cancer causing genetically engineered corn NICE NOT!!!! our tax money well spent NOT!!!!!!

It is my understanding that the subsidies ended December 2011. I could be wrong.

The subsidy that everyone still whines and complains about did end. Refiners receive a tax credit or something to blend ethanol and absolutely love the higher requirements. Look up ethanol blend credit.

Originally Posted by Tdbo
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by Tdbo
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I had to check the date of the original post..... Is 15% ethanol new to people ? It's "normal" here in Ohio and has been for years.

10% is normal.
15% would be new.

I might be mixing them up but I'm 99% certain I've already seen stickers on pumps referring to 15% ethanol content. I'm thinking Kroger fuel.

E-85 is available.
However, all the RUG, MUG, and PUG that I have seen (at least in Central Ohio) has been E-10.
I travel to NE Ohio at least once a month and have never seen E-15. Everything has been E-10.
E-15 and E-85 are not the same.

over by niles/youngstown they have it.. its labeled 88 octane

IIRC it was a sheetz station
They had standard up to 10% ethanol 87,89,93 octane pumps, the 88 octane(15% ethanol) pump, and a flexfuel pump. So the fueling "station" had 5 hoses/nozzles to pick from.

https://getbiofuel.com/sheetz-adds-fuel-options/

Originally Posted by Shannow
A great success for the American Dream (lobby groups running Govt) is what you mean.

No, I mean E15 Trumps E10

If I were buying a new spark ignition car, I would get a Flex Fuel model. If for nothing else, to be sure it could handle up to E85

Originally Posted by turtlevette
A great success for the American Dream (lobby groups running Govt) is what you mean.

Certainly does...at transferring other people's money into lobby group's pockets...

Originally Posted by turtlevette

Certainly does...at transferring other people's money into lobby group's pockets...

The swamp is full to the brim.

A great site for ethanol free gas:

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Scroll down to the red box for your state or province.

Easy to see the states which ban it. The few stations in AZ and Calif for example are for marinas, small aircraft, racing fuel or off road use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by maxdustington
I just wish you had the option to get E0 87 octane. That would end 100% of the whining (myself included). Having to buy premium fuel just to have it unmolested by corn huskers is highway robbery!

at several stations in my area there are some gas stations that offer 87 or 89 ethanol free gas, its like a 30 cent difference from the E10 87, but i try to use ethanol free fuel in everything i own, because i drive mainly 90's vehicles and they get terrible mileage on ethanol blended fuel.

and in my ATV's and motorcycles and other small engines get ethanol free 91

I absolutely love Ethanol. Been running it in my Dodge neons since 2010 and my dodge avenger that i converted since 2013. No fuel system problems like everyone mentions. I think its a much better fuel. Burns cooler, cleaner and is 105 octane (estimated).i just payed 1.99 a gallon here in michigan yesterday. Best part of it all my money stays right here in america not going to the filthy rich oil companies that buy there crude from the sand jammers who dont care for us anyway. I will continue to run e85 in everything i own except for small engines.

Originally Posted by Diesel12
I absolutely love Ethanol. Been running it in my Dodge neons since 2010 and my dodge avenger that i converted since 2013. No fuel system problems like everyone mentions. I think its a much better fuel. Burns cooler, cleaner and is 105 octane (estimated).i just payed 1.99 a gallon here in michigan yesterday. Best part of it all my money stays right here in america not going to the filthy rich oil companies that buy there crude from the sand jammers who dont care for us anyway. I will continue to run e85 in everything i own except for small engines.

[Linked Image]via Imgflip Meme Generator

Ive had so many people tell me its horrible but they have never ran it. Kind of contradicting in my opinion. I performed my own experiments with my vehicles and ethanol and have had nothing but great results. My 2008 Dode avenger i converted in 2013 has 218K and counting with no fuel system problems and my oil isnt near as dirty when i change it and it still has the original fuel pump. Not trying to be ignorant, just stating my findings with my own experiments.

strange how several people that I've talked to that only run premium in their vehicles because they get better mileage on premium then regular........when its probably because its ethanol free, not because of the higher octane

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
strange how several people that I've talked to that only run premium in their vehicles because they get better mileage on premium then regular........when its probably because its ethanol free, not because of the higher octane

Engines designed for premium pull timing when lower octane is used, which would also lower MPGs (in addition to power loss). We used to be able to get E0 premium here (Shell V-Power), but that went away. If you have a Flex Fuel vehicle and run E85 exclusively, the ECM will ADD timing for more power-but at a sizable MPG loss. I've always wanted to try E85 in my FF company van, but BP doesn't carry it here-and E85 is a slow enough seller that I would be afraid of it collecting moisture in the ground tank before I bought it.

My brother considered buying an E85 modified carb for his 283 powered Jeep, but when I told him he would likely have to siphon out the E85 from the (vented) fuel tank before he stored it for the winter & refill it with straight gas to prevent phase separation & water buildup, his enthusiasm waned somewhat...

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
My brother considered buying an E85 modified carb for his 283 powered Jeep, but when I told him he would likely have to siphon out the E85 from the (vented) fuel tank before he stored it for the winter & refill it with straight gas to prevent phase separation & water buildup, his enthusiasm waned somewhat...

I run e85 in my Dodge Neon dirt car and i let the fuel sit all winter from october till early april, no problems here fires right up every year. However when i store it for winter i do make sure its topped off and i run marvel mystery oil for additive. Ive had great results with e85 including super clean engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back