Know how Paul Walker felt when....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It came time for a van.

DSC_0329.JPG

DSC_0330.JPG

DSC_0331.JPG

DSC_0332.JPG

I thought minivans were dead in favor of crossovers, Honda's still making them though?

We loved our 2006 Honda Odyssey. It was lost in the great Harvey flood. The new ones try a little too hard to be funky and edgy, but all to their own.

I saw a meme with Steve McQueen in his Mustang burning rubber with a caption saying "Before kids" then one with the same colored van saying "After kids."

I think it'd be funny to have an AWD Toyota Sienna with TRD badges and a sticker that says "I used to be cool."

I love your beautiful new van! Odysseys are my favorite vans. They drive like a dream,are indestructible,and are really sporty looking. To me they are the sports cars of vans.
cheers3.gif

We also have a van, which my wife daily drives. It's an older model (2004 Sienna) very basic, no screens in the back, no heated seats nor electric doors.

You can't get a more practical vehicle for a family. The only reason people get a SUV instead is trend. It's somehow cool to have a SUV with a barely accessible third seating row and less cargo space (unless you get the very big ones like Suburban or Expedition) rather than a van.

As to me, I'll gladly pass on the SUV and rather use a minivan as long as we have kids at home. Comfortable, roomy, you also do sit higher like a SUV. To he** with the stereotype.

The black version looks like it could be turned into a hearse with very little modification.

People need to get over themselves. If the vehicle you drive defines who you are, you need to work on your character and personality. How vain.

Originally Posted by tcp71
People need to get over themselves. If the vehicle you drive defines who you are, you need to work on your character and personality. How vain.
I think it's a rite of passage that no one likes. That's why SUVs/CUVs/bro trucks are so popular, because no one likes to feel old and needing a mini van means your youth is over. I don't get what the big deal is, buy a base model Caravan, change the trans fluid every 10k miles (lol) and replace it/repurpose it with something else when your kids don't want to be seen with you anymore.

We bought a 2000 Windstar new. Loaded, it was $4000 less than the mid level Odyssey at that time, which sealed the deal for us. I was happy to get rid of it as soon as the kids weren't with us all the time, and not because it was a minivan. The Odyssey, who knows, maybe we would still have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back