Shell V-Power NITRO VS "Cheaper" fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SirTanon
IMHO, the trick to getting the best gas is to find a station (if possible, with Top-Tier gas) that is always busy, and thus is always moving product. This way, you're most likely to get the freshest gas possible.

I typically go to the Sam's Club that's on my way home from work. They are always busy and have lots of pumps, so the product is frequently being refreshed. They're inexpensive too, which is a bonus.

Sam's Club gas IS NOT Top Tier. Costco IS. Everyone can use Sam's Club gas CALL Walmart Corp. and say you want Top Tier gas.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
You guys taking the mpg hit from Shell are you using E10 87?

I don't have a lot of choices for TT here, Shell, Phillips 66, Shamrock, Cenex and Sinclair. I've been using Shell because my wife knows the owners wife but I might have to venture off and try one of the other ones.

E10 93

Okay. I was wondering if they were going to try and offer three diesels, which could be a nightmare.
wink.gif
Here, the Shell stations (at least the ones where I paid attention) have a diesel and a V-Power diesel.

Originally Posted by Garak
Okay. I was wondering if they were going to try and offer three diesels, which could be a nightmare.
wink.gif
Here, the Shell stations (at least the ones where I paid attention) have a diesel and a V-Power diesel.

Chevron back in the early 2000's had limited success selling Techron-D at the pumps. The US market for diesel passenger truck/car was just too small (basically dead today) to justify higher cetane pumps.

I'm not sure how well it moves here. I'm not even sure if their truck stop at Balgonie has it. I would gather that not a lot of commercial vehicles would be voluntarily paying a bunch of extra money on fuel if they didn't need to. I know at the Shell closest to my house, there are a few diesel vehicles filling often enough, but how much volume that translates to for V-Power diesel is another matter altogether.

Originally Posted by Joenpb
I found these videos to be interesting.

Ya. The thing which annoys me about Shell is that in the S.E US they sold the market to ARAMCO so the price is higher since there's a new middleman (ARAMCO buys the additive from Shell and has marketing rights) .

"In addition to Port Arthur, Aramco is acquiring full ownership of 24 distribution terminals. Aramco also gets the exclusive right to sell Shell-branded gasoline and diesel in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, the eastern half of Texas and the majority of Florida. "

https://money.cnn.com/2017/05/01/in...gest-oil-refinery-port-arthur/index.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back