Proper sampling

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the general consensus on how many miles you should drive before drawing a sample? I had fuel dilution in my last sample and had drove it just under 10 miles for a warm up, the oil had reached 180 ish and normal operating temp is around 188-197 this time of year. Could I have botched my own sample by not driving it long enough before taking the sample?

Polaris labs through amsoil, it's a 6.0 PSD and it's driving me nuts because I just replaced the injectors to hopefully fix the issue, my theory is it may be residual left over from up in the HPOP because it was less than before

I probably could but I'm on the second oil change so it should slowly start working it's way out. One thing I did notice is that when it initially started it showed 4.8% at 8k miles and had a viscosity number of a very low 10 almost a high 9. This time I was at 6k miles give or take and the dilution percentage was 3.8% and the oil was still holding viscosity at a 12.4 if I'm correct shouldn't the oil have been very close to the previous sample on viscosity with such a small difference in mileage and fuel percentages?

When I read the title of the thread, my first thought was to always give the lab a mid-stream sample.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back