Turanza Serenity Plus vs Cinturato P7 Plus vs Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is a good tire; I put a set on my wife's Clubman. The Quatrac 5 wears the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol and so far we have been very impressed by the tire's performance in all weather conditions.

Originally Posted by Reggaemon
I'm using both the Pirelli Cinturato P7+ and the Michelin Premier size 205/55-16 H rated on two Subaru Imprezas.
The Pirelli is quieter and smoother riding. The Michelin is much better on wet roads and handles better on dry roads.

Great info, I appreciate this.
Just a question: are Michelins noisy in absolute values? I mean would you call them loud without comparison to P7+? How long are you using them?

Originally Posted by MCompact
The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is a good tire; I put a set on my wife's Clubman. The Quatrac 5 wears the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol and so far we have been very impressed by the tire's performance in all weather conditions.

They probably too all-season, if it is possible to use such expression. Of course, this does not mean that they are bad. How comfortable and quiet are they?

Originally Posted by timeau

They probably too all-season, if it is possible to use such expression. Of course, this does not mean that they are bad. How comfortable and quiet are they?

I don't find them noisy or uncomfortable; they suit the more laid-back nature of a base Cooper. I put a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires on the Club Sport, and they are just outstanding in that application.

I have installed General RT 43's on two different vehicles and they have been very good tires. Ride is good, rain and snow traction is excellent for a all season tire. Make sure you have a good installer because so many are clueless on installing and balancing tires... Actually am planning on installing another set of RT 43's on my sons Honda Civic this Friday. I also have Michelins on another car I own. Good luck with your decision. Oh yea, I have not liked Goodyear tires in over a decade...

Originally Posted by timeau
Reggaemon said:
I'm using both the Pirelli Cinturato P7+ and the Michelin Premier size 205/55-16 H rated on two Subaru Imprezas.
The Pirelli is quieter and smoother riding. The Michelin is much better on wet roads and handles better on dry roads.

Great info, I appreciate this.
Just a question: are Michelins noisy in absolute values? I mean would you call them loud without comparison to P7+? How long are you using them?

The Michelins are just slightly louder than the Pirellis. Not something you would notice unless you heard them back to back. I would add
that there is one concrete bridge I use that makes the Michelin sing, not something I notice as much with the Pirellis.
Kind of hard to describe but the Michelins just seem to run with good sense of straight ahead on the interstate.

Been using the Michelin Premiers since 2015 and have around 24,000 miles. The ride that felt harder than I expected seemed
to soften up after a few thousand miles. The Pirellis have only been in use for one year and about 14,000 miles. I hope this rambling explanation helps with your decision.

Both the Volvo and 2014 Camry have Michelin Premiers. It's reasonably good at everything except perhaps treadwear which is just kind of OK. I wouldn't call them excessively loud but they're not quiet either. The Continenetal LS has my eye for the next set of tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back