Early Christmas present to me! Air Compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnewton3

Staff member
I've been wanting to replace my old a/c in my barn/shop.

Rural King seems Hades-bent on absorbing all my money recently ... Just recently got some nice M&P15-22s, and now they throw this in my email inbox ...

https://www.ruralking.com/industria...0694576083220355065391414518724532685417

Sold! Pick it up tonight.
Admittedly it's not not going to serve a whole 25,000 sq-ft shop or mechanics for-profit facility. But for my barn workshop out back, it'll be a BIG improvement at a nice low cost.

Last edited:
That should do everything you want it to do, no problem with CFM for single air tools @90 or LVLP spray gun, not really for HVLP bigger guns.
If you want to spray paint check the low priced mid sized gun I posted in the tool thread a while ago, its fantastic and a real favorite.

I don't paint with my tools, so HVLP isn't an issue.
Basically just a good shop air supply for impact gun, filling truck tires, blowing stuff clean, etc.

This is the model I mentioned in a previous thread. Good bang for the buck IMO.

I just need to wire my garage for 220v..

Dang, that looks like one heck of a good compressor for that price. Merry Christmas to you!
smile.gif

I have a Campbell Hausfield I bought from Home Depot about 20 years ago with the same specs and is does very good with the Ingersol Rand 231 impacts I have from when I had a life. Bigger is usually better though.

Got it home this evening and set up. Manual says to run it 1/2 hour with no load (open petcock). Once break-in is done, it is to cool off. Tomorrow I'll fire her up and test her out for real.

It's made by Sanborn; the parts manual has their name and address on the back. It's essentially the same you'll find at Menards, Lowes, etc. Really a nice unit for the money; I'm impressed. it's all I'll ever need. Oh - and the best part .... It's shipped with synthetic compressor oil. Cuz you know, that's da best!
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Looks like a nice compressor for the price. Not that it really matters, but I'm just going to take a guess here.....
Compressor made in India or China, tank made in U.S.A. or at least assembled in U.S.A.
How far was I off?

Originally Posted by Kruse
Looks like a nice compressor for the price. Not that it really matters, but I'm just going to take a guess here.....
Compressor made in India or China, tank made in U.S.A. or at least assembled in U.S.A.
How far was I off?

I think your correct

Sanborn is the parent company.
The drive motor is from out of country; the rest appears to be US sourced.

Im interested in how you like it. Also interested in how noisy it is. This is one of the best price per cfm compressors out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back