UOA Amsoil Signature 0w30 12,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
Considering the makeup oil added, does anyone think the sodium and potassium numbers might be a sign of coolant contamination?

Yes considering there isn't sodium in the additive package and definately not pottasium.

Supposedly no difference until between -20 and-25F. I live in Montreal and I'm sure it gets a lot colder than KY. I use full synthetic 5w30 year round. I don't believe you'd notice the difference .

I live just south of STL in Missouri, your neighbor to the west, and the lowest it ever really gets is like -10 and that's pretty rare. On avg I'd say we sit around 20F all winter I run 15w40 until about December then switch to 10w-30. 0w-30 is beyond excessive for our climate and I can guarantee you can't Actually notice a difference

ahemsa, you are right about everything you said. Better cold flow is best. A quart every 3,500 miles or so is actually good because you get to add in some depleted additives with some fresh stuff.

I know Blackstone looked at hundreds of GM 5.3L iron ppm results, and found that Amsoil was doing very well compared to others. Great oil there.
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/Newsletters/Gas-Diesel/July-1-2017.php

gmamsoil.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back