Falken Ziex Ze950 or Pro G4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rand
For all intents and purposes The G4 Pro and the htr a/s P02 are the same.
Just like when you buy a club version of a popular tire.
You can with confidence read reviews on either tire.
There is attention to detail.. and there is lack of common sense.

for example if you purchase either of those tires in a wider size the difference from the same Brand of tire far exceeds the differences between the 2 different Brand tires in the same size.

And both are better than the ziex 950.
coffee2.gif

"For all intents and purposes, the G4 Pro and the htr a/s P02 (and the ZE950) are the same." Common sense would tell me if you are calling the G4 and the P02 the "same" then you should also call the Ziex ZE950 the "same." All three have almost identical tread patterns, but for some reason the ZE950 isn't up to par with your "common sense." I also don't understand your alternate/wider size statements. I am only buying one size, therefore I am only looking at tread patterns of one size. This is irrelevant.

But please explain why you are arguing that they are the "same" but the ZE950 is somehow different and inferior...

Well, I went with the Ziex ZE950s. I was leaning that way anyway, but a local chain store made an offer I couldn't refuse. On top of that, a special circumstance made it even cheaper. 4 new 235/50R18s and an alignment for less than $500 out the door... I'm happy. I will update this thread once I am able to review after rain and snow exposure. Thanks for all the input.

Actually the siping on the ze950 is different which will affect the snow and wet traction(worse) and the tread compound is unknown. It may be tweaked towards a different performance target

examples dry traction, more MPG etc.

I am sure the ze950 are fine tires but they certainly aren't clones like the other 2 mentioned.

They probably are better than your previous tires.

Originally Posted By: tony1679
Well, I went with the Ziex ZE950s. I was leaning that way anyway, but a local chain store made an offer I couldn't refuse. On top of that, a special circumstance made it even cheaper. 4 new 235/50R18s and an alignment for less than $500 out the door... I'm happy. I will update this thread once I am able to review after rain and snow exposure. Thanks for all the input.

It's been a year, how are the tires?

Originally Posted by skyactiv
It's been a year, how are the tires?

I had the SS in storage for almost all of 2016 and it was driven very little in 2017/2018, so I didn't want to post too soon, but then forgot to update this thread (sorry if it seems I'm thread digging). I'd say I have just over 15,000 miles on them currently. According to the mileage warranty, they should only have 2/3 tread remaining. I haven't measured with a gauge, but I feel there's at least 3/4 tread remaining. Keep in mind I'm going back 3 years, so my memory may be a bit off, but I believe they are better than the Ziex ZE912s. They definitely seem to have more dry grip, and feel slightly better in the rain. I can't speak for the snow though. We haven't really had any since 2015. I feel these have less road noise too, but I'm not 100% certain on that. They're quiet either way. So I would absolutely recommend these to anyone. Falken has definitely become one of my (if not my #1) favorite tire brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back