Yamaha 13440-60 Denso Thailand - 12.2 hours / 122 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter looks to be in good condition as I would expect form short use. This is the factory filter and I just complete the engine break in period. Pleats were sturdy and spacing was great. Nice silicon anti drain back disc that was soft and flexible.

I assume the goo is some sort of assembly grease of some sort. Oil looked as I expected from the break in of a high performance snowmobile engine.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Surprised to see silicon adbv on a Denso filter. Lot of uniform pleats, looks like close to 50. Lot of assembly lube too. Maybe silicon adbvs come on original factory equipment filters only. Never seen one on Toyota/Denso oil filters I've purchased over the years, at least not on the black ones made in Thailand. Enjoy the new machine !

Last edited:
Someone showed their factory Toyota Thaiand filter and it had the red valve, otherwise was identical to the ones sold in the USA. I think the black Toyota ones are a high grade nitrile, they do make high temp nitrile. Or black silicone. I tried freezing them and running them on a camry which sits next to the exhaust manifold, they always acted as new on inspection.

Yes and no. This thing is not babied and I keep hearing that the first oil change is pretty important on these. Either way it's a win win in my book. Plus, I always like to use the new'ish oil filter cutter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back