Turanza Serenity Plus vs Cinturato P7 Plus vs Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!
Need to change tires on my 2013 Camry V6. Currently I have Conti DWS 06, which are fine, but too harsh and too noisy, IMO. It became almost impossible to listen radio cruising on highways now. So I am choosing between Serenity Plus, P7 Plus Cinturato and Michelin Premier. Tire size is 215/55/R17.
I am not looking for best deal or cheapest choice: I agree to pay if it is worth it. In the ideal case I'd like to have good wet traction, comfortable ride and minimal level of noise inside of the car. Very long lasting is not a number one priority: if tire could go for 40k miles, this is fine. Winter traction does not matter at all: I have a dedicated set of pure winter tires on all my cars.
I know all TireRack ratings, read them many times. So I would like to know if somebody has his own experience with these (or other good) tires, beside of what it is written in Consumer Reports and/or TireRack.
If you think that, for example, RT43 are good, I will consider them or any other tires as well.
Thanks in advance!

My experience with the Conti DWS was similar - outstanding performance, but got noisy later in their life. They're still an excellent tire.

A similar tire in intent (very high performance, but all season capable) is the Michelin Pilot AS-3+. Very high performance. Great traction and handling. Quiet. But they don't last long on my MB (which, to be fair, has a ton of horsepower and gets pushed in corners because it's so fun...). 245/45R18.

If you're looking at more of a grand touring tire - I've been very pleased (and impressed) with the RT-43s on my wife's Volvo. 215/65R16. For many reasons, including the wise advice of CapriRacer, I went with the H-rated RT-43s.

I've also been impressed with the Conti Eco-contacts (now called Pure Contact with Eco plus) that replaced the DWS on my Volvo T5. 235/45R17. More of a touring tire. Still have excellent grip. Excellent wear. Quiet. Reasonably priced. More sporty than the RT-43s but still all season tires.

In your size:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...autoModel=Camry%20V6&autoModClar=XLE

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Astro14
A similar tire in intent (very high performance, but all season capable) is the Michelin Pilot AS-3+. Very high performance. Great traction and handling. Quiet. But they don't last long on my MB (which, to be fair, has a ton of horsepower and gets pushed in corners because it's so fun...). 245/45R18.

Thank you very much for reply. But, probably, Pilots would be too much for Camry. Also they are not available in my size, but could be found as 225...
If you're looking at more of a grand touring tire - I've been very pleased (and impressed) with the RT-43s on my wife's Volvo. 215/65R16. For many reasons, including the wise advice of CapriRacer, I went with the H-rated RT-43s.

Yes, I read about RT-43, thanks again. But, you know, to read and to have real experience - are two different things ;-) Will definitely include into my list.
I've also been impressed with the Conti Eco-contacts that replaced the DWS on my Volvo T5. 235/45R17. More of a touring tire. Still have excellent grip. Excellent wear. Quiet. Reasonably priced. More sporty than the RT-43s but still all season tires.

Yes, good choice, add it to the list as well.

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
My tire dealer is independent, and can get anything. I recently replaced Premier A/S with Conty PureContact LS, and am very happy with them.

This is a very new tire, right? If I am not mistaken, they will be replacing PureContacts.
Thanks a lot!

I had bad luck with two sets of Briggs Serenity Plus on two different cars.
Both sets were bad out of round. I thought it was balance but later found Out of Round.

We have two Camry's with Michelin Premier A/S now and they are great tires.

Originally Posted by Bebop367
We have two Camry's with Michelin Premier A/S now and they are great tires.

Thank you for reply. Are these Michelins quiet? Are they stiff? How long did you use them?

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
215/55-17

Since you already use winter tires, then you do not need all-season tires. You should consider grand touring summer tires. These will give you the best ride.

No, I would not like to use pure summer tires.
I am not too greedy, but summer tires will wear out in 15-20k miles, what is not acceptable. But this is not the main reason. In October/November and March temperature changes a lot during a day. So when I am leaving home (at about 7:00) it could be below zero (in Celsius) and when I am back it could be +12+15. So it is too cold for summer tires and too warm for winter tires (+8 is a boundary temperature).

Last edited:
Stay away from the RT43s, that's my real world experience. I put a set of Goodyear Eagle Sport on my wife's KIA Optima. They have been great. They are far quieter than the OE Kumho KH25. Wet traction is good.

Originally Posted by timeau

No, I would not like to use pure summer tires.
I am not too greedy, but summer tires will wear out in 15-20k miles, what is not acceptable. But this is not the main reason. In October/November and March temperature changes a lot during a day. So when I am leaving home (at about 7:00) it could be below zero (in Celsius) and when I am back it could be +12+15. So it is too cold for summer tires and too warm for winter tires (+8 is a boundary temperature).

Summer tires can usually be used down to 40F or +5C

Also, the tires I suggested should last you about 30k possibly 40k. These are not max performance summer tires like the Pilot Super Sports or anything.

When do you usually install your winter tires?

Actually, you might like the Michelin CrossClimate+
It is one of those 3-peak all-season tires, but Michelin calls it a "summer tire homologated for winter" and is more tilted towards the summer than, say, a WRG4. It is probably the best choice for your conditions since you already have winter tires.

The CC+ is a summer tire that can handle the temp swings in November and March. I think you will be happy with it.

One more word of caution: should you decide on the Pirelli P7, be careful! They make both an all-season and summer version of the P7! Both are called Cinturato P7, but only one of them is the Cinturato P7 A/S!

Originally Posted by MParr
Stay away from the RT43s, that's my real world experience. I put a set of Goodyear Eagle Sport on my wife's KIA Optima. They have been great. They are far quieter than the OE Kumho KH25. Wet traction is good.

Could you clarify what was wrong with RT43, please? Also I had a bad luck with two sets of GY on my previous cars: uneven wear on both sets.
timeau said:
When do you usually install your winter tires?

Depends on weather, but at about beginning of December and take them out at the middle of March.
Actually, you might like the Michelin CrossClimate+

Being honest, I am pretty sure that this type of pattern will produce too much growl. And since my DWS 06 are very loud now, I am looking for something quieter.
One more word of caution: should you decide on the Pirelli P7, be careful! They make both an all-season and summer version of the P7! Both are called Cinturato P7, but only one of them is the Cinturato P7 A/S!

Great to know, thanks a lot for telling this.

Clarification on the RT43s: Three of 4 were out of spec and could not be balance. The treads were out laterally and they were nowhere near round. Made in Romania. The GY Eagle Sports on my wife's Optima are the same size you are looking at.

Yes, that is confusing and noticed that esp since the regular Cinturato P7 shows up first since it usually has a lower price. Sometimes shows up under A/S. Also look for one that has PLUS at the end of it's title.

So CInturato P7 Plus

Originally Posted by SatinSilver

Yes, that is confusing and noticed that esp since the regular Cinturato P7 shows up first since it usually has a lower price. Sometimes shows up under A/S. Also look for one that has PLUS at the end of it's title.

So CInturato P7 Plus

Cinturato P7 A/S Plus
crazy2.gif

If wet traction is a priority the choice of those 3 is very easy.. the michelin premier.

Since your willing to consider other tires besides what you listed, I will continue to recommend the Nokian Entyre 2.0. A great tire for resisting hydroplaning. A very quiet tire on most surfaces. Very high quality product with a nice sporty nature to it; not mushy and numb to drive on. They come with an excellent tread wear warranty, as well. Warranty link: https://dc602r66yb2n9.cloudfront.ne...okian_eNTYRE_2_supplemental_warranty.pdf

I inspected a General RT43 tire when I was shopping around a while back. They did not feel like a durable tire. They felt too soft, and the sidewall was so plain looking, but in a low quality way. I have never driven on the RT43, so I can't confirm that they are mushy feeling, or prone to sidewall damage as they appeared to be, by doing a hand inspection of them.

Originally Posted by Voleak
Since your willing to consider other tires besides what you listed, I will continue to recommend the Nokian Entyre 2.0. A great tire for resisting hydroplaning. A very quiet tire on most surfaces. Very high quality product with a nice sporty nature to it; not mushy and numb to drive on. They come with an excellent tread wear warranty, as well. Warranty link: https://dc602r66yb2n9.cloudfront.ne...okian_eNTYRE_2_supplemental_warranty.pdf

Very interesting, thanks!
Nokian is a number 1 in winter tires, no doubts, but I've never had their all season tires. Thanks again!

This is how Consumer Reports sees it.

I know, it's CR, but I can attest that Nokian all season tires, such as the Entyre 2.0 are high quality European tires. Nokian is building a new factory in Tennessee, so they are very serious with producing quality a/s tires for the U.S. market.

IMG_5587.PNG

I'm using both the Pirelli Cinturato P7+ and the Michelin Premier size 205/55-16 H rated on two Subaru Imprezas.
The Pirelli is quieter and smoother riding. The Michelin is much better on wet roads and handles better on dry roads.
Can't say anything about snow traction, I'm running snows.
If I had to pick I would chose the Michelins. Oh yeah,they don't have any side wall cracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back