Ferrari 308 & 458: Magnum P.I. TV show is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They tapped a big Fast & Furious (he directed 4 of them) director, Justin Lin, and you can tell in the driving sequences.

Hollyweird has run out of ideas so they recycle the old shows and modernize them to fit the times. 99% of the time it doesn't work.

Since I don't watch network television I won't be watching this. I can watch the old series reruns though.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Hollyweird has run out of ideas so they recycle the old shows and modernize them to fit the times. 99% of the time it doesn't work.
Disagree. There are a ton of shows out there, old reboots like this one once in a while, with a bunch of new ideas. There are so many TV shows on these days, you can't keep up, seriously that many. Amazon, HBO, USA, Showtime, Netflix, {ABC, CBS, NBC, historically still there too}, History Channel buys one once in a while, Fox, just to name a few.

Originally Posted by ediamiam
I believe Tom Selleck was a choice for Indiana Jones but his Magnum contract prevented him from taking the role. Probably cost him big-time career and financially. There may be some underlying resentment.

Selleck only has a net worth on just under $50m. He's ok.

The new Magnum is typical Hollywood political Left with and Hispanic Magnum and female Higgins.

The show will probably fail as it's just not the Magnum PI series chemistry of the original.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Interesting result for you, reliable too. I'd have thought Ferrari's reputation for reliability would be as terrible as Jaguar's, especially in those days.

Some years ago, I read an article about a company in the UK that rents out fancy cars, and they said the 308s were among the most reliable they had, and--as fancy sports cars go--cheap to service. Yeah, you need to take the engine out for some of the regular servicing, but apparently the mechanics were so used to it that they could do it pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back