using Star Tron concentratefor E10-yea or nea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been considering starting to use Star Tron concentrate formula for the E10 87oct. gas I run universally. My fleet is all pre-1995 vehicles. I'd buy the E0 that has recently become available at Wawa around here, but it's only available in 89 octane which I don't need, and it costs $.60 to $.90 more than 87 E10 regular. A lot of my less used truck's gas sits for 3-6 months in the tank before refills. I can get the Strar Tron concentrate for about $30 that treats 512 gallons. Would it be a good idea to use it as a preventative measure to prevent phase separation(assuming it does as it claims), or would there be no tangible benefit? The threads I've read seem to suggest people are split on it's efficacy.

NO benefit if your fuel is replaced on a regular basis.
IMO, not much benefit from StarTron if it isn't.
Hate to say it because I was a StarTron user, but it's MSDS is ho-hum, and I see nothing for dealing with water.
www.starbrite.com/component/com_advlisting/fileId,4160/view,download/

The ethanol deals with the water.

FWIW, I parked my plow truck last spring with a few gallons of E10 (with pink sta-bil) and it just started right up.

I'd run E10 with star-tron in vehicles (with charcoal canisters and vapor controls) and the Wawa E0 in outdoor power equipment.

Absolutely agree with the Mainiac . Any car built in the last 40 yrs can handle E 10. Some how OPE manufacturers dint get the memo
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back