Gluten

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.gif
Oh Ryan, always a good laugh.

photo_2018-09-25_20-54-06.jpg

Ryan reynolds:
08.gif
, I wish I knew how to play pool, ... I wish I was Burt Reynolds grandson...

Gluten freed diet afficionado:
banana2.gif
02.gif

My celiac kid:
sick.gif

P.S. how many post you had since you came back?

I have to make up for time lost.
grin2.gif

As for Celiac it's not joke for sure, I worked with a lady at my last job that was Celiac and it was brutal for her, she had to be super careful.

I know a few elderly people that firmly believe that going on a gluten free diet has decreased their joint aches and pains. They do not live in California! They are extremely conservative...non pol*t*cal! Personally I happened to like foods with gluten, they just usually happen to be high in carbs, but who does not like pizza? Gluten free pizza...Pffft, not

Originally Posted by KneeGrinder
I know a few elderly people that firmly believe that going on a gluten free diet has decreased their joint aches and pains. They do not live in California! They are extremely conservative...non pol*t*cal! Personally I happened to like foods with gluten, they just usually happen to be high in carbs, but who does not like pizza? Gluten free pizza...Pffft, not

I think it can be more of a fad for some people other than those with the serious condition or proven intolerance. I would add that folks with Type-2 such as myself saw a big benefit avoiding gluten for blood sugar control. (That's before I found the Keto diet). But it doesn't mean I'm gluten intolerant or Celiac, just that it has some effect on blood sugar. And apparently it doesn't affect everyone with blood sugar problems in this manner just some for some reason. I think we learned that from the book "The Wheat Belly"

Last edited:
Hilarious !!

It's weird how Ciliac's has become more common, believe it used to be rare and mainly genetically restricted to mainly caucasian folks of northern european descent, fair skinned scandinavian and all that. Excuse spellings. Up too early on account of cat puked and woke me up. Maybe he has ciliacs.

Celiac is an epigenetic disease...you can have the genes and lead an entirely normal life.
But once you flick the switch and activate the genes, then you are toast...well not eating any for sure).

this time last year, my daughter used Dr Google to look for why she felt the way that she felt, and self diagnosed with gluten intolerance...and it worked.

Then after the January holidays (including her going to the US with a school thing), she was convinced...we got the blood tests, she has both genes, and the immune system markers to show that it's active...if you've just eaten a sandwich, and reach into a chip packet and drop gluten there...she knows it within 3-4 hours...rrolled outs are Russian roulette

Came down through my wife's side...she's got the genes, active, son has the genes, inactive, wife's brothers have the genes, two active one in denial, and a couple of our kids cousins have the genes, one active, one apparently not...

It's serious.

Epigenetic diseases mean that the genes can be there, you can live an entire life without activating them, and not know...why they are more prevelant than before is the question...

We are breeding wheat with intentionally more gluten...is that it ?
We (Oz) are "hardening our wheat before harvest with glysophate...that's a current guess/conspiracy, but the practice in and of itself is insane.

An ex boss said that he was in Europe and tried the French and Italian breads, made with more traditional grains, and no glysophate, or glysophate hardening, and was fine...

We are doing something.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Hilarious !!

It's weird how Ciliac's has become more common, believe it used to be rare and mainly genetically restricted to mainly caucasian folks of northern european descent, fair skinned scandinavian and all that. Excuse spellings. Up too early on account of cat puked and woke me up. Maybe he has ciliacs.

I think a lot of the "Celiac's boom" is simply from recognition. I suspect many people didn't know anything about it and just assumed how they felt was normal. Once it gained notoriety, the people who had it undiagnosed, and all the hypochondriacs, began noticing the signs and either self diagnosing or got themselves checked out like Shannow's daughter did.

I don't think less people had it before. I think it's just that no one knew what they had before.

I think to it has to do with the wheat we are consuming. I know when I was eating grains if I had typical north american bread I would bloat. Sure not Celiac but definately a reaction to it. If I eat Rye or Italian style bread I won't bloat nearly as much if at all. I think we have played scientist a little too much with our food.

Again none of this relates to folks with an actual health problem like Celiac.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Celiac is an epigenetic disease...you can have the genes and lead an entirely normal life.
But once you flick the switch and activate the genes, then you are toast...well not eating any for sure).

this time last year, my daughter used Dr Google to look for why she felt the way that she felt, and self diagnosed with gluten intolerance...and it worked.

Then after the January holidays (including her going to the US with a school thing), she was convinced...we got the blood tests, she has both genes, and the immune system markers to show that it's active...if you've just eaten a sandwich, and reach into a chip packet and drop gluten there...she knows it within 3-4 hours...rrolled outs are Russian roulette

Came down through my wife's side...she's got the genes, active, son has the genes, inactive, wife's brothers have the genes, two active one in denial, and a couple of our kids cousins have the genes, one active, one apparently not...

It's serious.

Epigenetic diseases mean that the genes can be there, you can live an entire life without activating them, and not know...why they are more prevelant than before is the question...

We are breeding wheat with intentionally more gluten...is that it ?
We (Oz) are "hardening our wheat before harvest with glysophate...that's a current guess/conspiracy, but the practice in and of itself is insane.

An ex boss said that he was in Europe and tried the French and Italian breads, made with more traditional grains, and no glysophate, or glysophate hardening, and was fine...

We are doing something.

Shannow,
mate, do you still have your gluten corner , or did you went gluten-free house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back