2015 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been looking around at getting another car. I found a mint condition 2015 Civic Si with 30K miles. They're asking $18K for it. What's everyone's thoughts on these cars? It's Rally Red with black interior. Fully loaded.

I'll chime in here as a former Honda salesman- I LOVE the Si. Such a fun car! $18,000 sounds about right. As always I recommend a pre-purchase inspection, particularly of brakes and tires on a Si. They tend to be driven harder than your average Civic.

Best of luck!

For me personally, I wouldn't get a red Civic. Those Civics in general have issues with paint, and red paint seems to be one of the first to go bad. Just a thought. Otherwise they seem to be pretty solid and fun cars!

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Finally getting rid of the Mustang?

Maybe,but she's really attached to it! It's nearing 200,000 miles.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by Nick1994
Finally getting rid of the Mustang?

Maybe,but she's really attached to it! It's nearing 200,000 miles.

I'm sorry to hear that

crackmeup2.gif

I would personally get a 2018 new base model for similar money. Not as fun to drive however my local dealer has quite a few closeouts on the lot. I looked at one last week.

If the PPI comes back good, go for it. How often do you get a chance to buy a car that's as reliable as any Civic but a lot more fun?

I have one. It's a great car, though the suspension is performance oriented and a little stiff. I have owned 13 Hondas and have worked on them and modified them since 1999. The K24 engine in this car is the last of the naturally aspirated port injection high performance iteration. About as reliable and trouble free as you can get. There is a less than common issue of clutch chatter in first gear when taking off from a stop. Honda just put a clutch in mine free of charge at 31k miles. I do drive responsibly. $18k is right if the condition is good.

Throw in another 4k and get a brand new 2018 SI. The chances that Si had been driven pretty hard are quite high. Plus turbo 1.5T is an awesome engine, great trans and overall 10th gen civic is a great rig!

Well we went and looked at it,I think she wants another Mustang convertible.

I drove the Si and it's slower than my Accord. I'd think it would be faster,seeing it has a few more hp. But my Accord will pull like crazy!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Well we went and looked at it,I think she wants another Mustang convertible.

I drove the Si and it's slower than my Accord. I'd think it would be faster,seeing it has a few more hp. But my Accord will pull like crazy!

I find that hard to believe. The Civic is lighter, and has more HP.

I was also a little disappointed to see varnish on the top end of the engine at only 30K miles. Extended oil changes on dino oil? I want to be able to style my hair using the camshaft as a mirror
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Drew99GT
Keep in mind, they are one of the most stolen cars!!!

Can you point us to that information? AFAIK it's old Hondas ('90s & early 2000s) that top the theft lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back