Did I buy fake filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, fakes can be well done, but I doubt they are fake if the seller is reputable on ebay.

This is the seller and the listing I bought from.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112335045725

Originally Posted by Char Baby
+2
There is nothing to even make me want to question their authenticity!

+3

Yea those look like regular fram filters.

Not much money in faking a $3-5 filter. Some yes, but better to fake higher cost iridium plugs, electronics, etc...

There will be a lot of stores flooded by the hurricanes. Insurance companies usually write off the contents and sell them to businesses that sort the good from the bad and resell. You do need to be careful. A filter that was on a top shelf in a flooded store is good. if it showed any signs of being wet I would not use it.

Rod

Good question, fakes can be a problem especially on ebay from non retail sellers. If a seller is non retail it has no warranty either and means they picked it up somewhere cheap. Old filters are another concern. Your pics seem like the filter is authentic. It's good IMO to always buy from a brand's authorized retailer.

Just go to Walmart and get some fake Mobil 1 oil to go with these fake filters
01.gif

Go to a local retailer and open a box for the same model of filer. Snap some shots with your phone and compare. Looks fine to me though.

If someone were to counterfeit an oil filter, I would expect them to pick a better brand.

There are many counterfeiters selling product with our company's logo on it. That's because we're leaders in industry with a good name. Cheapie companies don't get counterfeited much.

Originally Posted by Kestas
Cheapie companies (Fram) don't get counterfeited much.

Fram a cheapie company? - especially the Ultra?......... that's funny!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by FowVay
Why do you think they are fake?

Originally Posted by Saul
What makes you think they are fake?

I did an oil change on my Canyon already and the filter box(Fram CH10246) looks somewhat different. I bought the filter at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back