Unofficial packing your lunch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something you put in a lunchbox, or related things. Specialty coolers, knives, forks, whatever. Brown apples. Soggy bread. Don't bother me I'm eating.

carrots
celery
Snow peas

Whatever else is going in there.

Guy who was in my team a few years ago had really really good lunches.
I enquired about them, and he told me that he and his wife got married, and she packed his lunch every morning, well thought out and balanced.
Then one day 6 or so months in, he told her that the lunches were somewhat boring, predictable.
She offered him a solution
Which was that if he wanted an exciting lunch he should from that moment provide himself one...which he did for the next 35 years.

Not sure if that was also a metaphor for other home activities

Today's lunch will be a Four Cheese Pizza Hot Pocket,HEB sour cream and onion baked chips,iced tea,and Walmart brand canned mixed fruit.

Lunch is easy "over here."

Protein shake for breakfast after the morning run, and a massive salad with fruits, veggies, and lean meats for lunch. No dinner.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Today's lunch will be a Four Cheese Pizza Hot Pocket,HEB sour cream and onion baked chips,iced tea,and Walmart brand canned mixed fruit.

Cant hear the word hot pocket and not think of this lol

https://youtu.be/N-i9GXbptog

It would be better for me both eating-wise and money-wise to bring my lunch....mainly because I'm a pretty darn good cook and we generally cook a dinner at night from fresh food....and it's usually better than 95% of any restaurant....

But I look at a lunch break as a psychological relief as well as eating a meal. I like to get away from the office, I generally prefer to eat alone somewhere and just have some time to myself....do my own thing.

Mostly leftovers no one else wants to eat. I got access to a stove, microwave, sink and refrigerator here at work and a storage cabinet. Inside it are two boxes of triscuts, about 6 cans of Progresso Italian Wedding Soup, bag of Doritos, loaf of bread and peanut butter crackers, that's for when there are no left overs. Always amazed me that a lot of my friends eat out for lunch 4 times a week and the money they waste.

I work from home. When in office once per week there are 60 restaurants within a few blocks of work, I eat out and well and cheaply.

Last edited:
I like a nice sandwich, a piece of fruit and a cup of coffee. Something about a up of coffee with a sandwich that I've always loved.

Originally Posted by Schmoe
Always amazed me that a lot of my friends eat out for lunch 4 times a week and the money they waste.
I'm currently on a jobsite where the young gentlemen buy lunch pretty often, sometimes spending $15! I mentioned the tools they could buy with that money, and now they pack lunches more often. Not to mention the fuel, and the fact that they usually take an hour instead of a half hour if they packed it.

Save money, lose weight, spend that money on tools. Life is good for those who come prepared.

For me: fruit, granola bars and cheese strings. In the winter I might start throwing a sandwich in there with the seasons changing, working in the summer heat I eat less.

I to had coworkers that went to lunch everyday often spending $50-$60/wk. And then they never had money for anything else. Another of our coworkers had a family member pass away and when we asked these guy for a couple of bucks so we could send a sympathy card &/or flowers, they were always broke!... OH WELL!

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Today's lunch is what's left from last night's meal. Can't say how many years it's been since I bought a lunch at work. Not cheap or broke, just how it is.

Same here...the raw veges are for grazing instead of biscuits and meusli bars like my peers.

Monday morning I take a loaf of bread to work and make lunch there. 10 o'clock the boys do a smoko run and have a huge meal...I have a cup of coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back