Pentofrost A2 Lifespan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've done more than my fair share of Googling, scouring Pentosin's website, and BITOG searching. I literally have spent 3 hours in total. I can't find an answer. If I use Pentofrost A2 for my next coolant flush (around the end of the month @75K in my Elantra), what should my interval be/when should I change it next? And before anyone asks, I'm not needing a specific detailed analysis for my individual car, just assume no problems and normal service. I am clueless, and wouldn't know the difference if you say 30k or 150k. You would think Pentosin would be a little more willing to share when to buy their product again...

I have the same question. I just bought some A2 to top off my 2017 Elantra. Seems pretty much the same as OEM coolant which first change is at 10/120k. Sooner if severe service. After first change then 30k intervals are recommended.

I did find a Thread here that has some pertinent info:

Mazda FL22 = Motorcraft Specialty Green?

The post by pbm seems to have the answer.
I recently called Pentofrost to inquire about the service life of A2 'Extended Life' concentrate vs. A3 'Super Extended Life' pre-mix. The tech told me that the A2 can be used for whatever the service manual of the automaker recommends. When I asked if it was good for 60 to 75K (3 or 4 years) he said YES, in a clean system it would be no problem.

I also emailed Pentosin regarding service life of coolant. No reply yet.

Originally Posted by tony1679
You would think Pentosin would be a little more willing to share when to buy their product again...

Exactly! It must be super secret! I did find it weird why they don't post it. Their competitors have no problem doing it.

Originally Posted by BigD1
You would think Pentosin would be a little more willing to share when to buy their product again...

Exactly! It must be super secret! I did find it weird why they don't post it. Their competitors have no problem doing it.

It kinda makes sense to me since they are an OEM coolant for various automakers. Instead of a generic date/miles change interval they let the automaker determine that.

Originally Posted by BIGD1

It's like trying to crack open a safe with no reward inside. You only get the satisfaction of saying "I did it" when the owner could have just given you the key.

Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
I also emailed Pentosin regarding service life of coolant. No reply yet.

I'm eager to hear their reply. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back