Kubota G4200 Hydro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have a 20+ year old Kubota G4200 hydrostatic trans lawn/garden tractor. Runs great! The manual calls for 10W-30 oil which I have been using since the beginning (I use Synthetic). It does'nt state anything about deisel spec oil. Should I change to a diesel spec oil this late in the game? Which? Also, if you will forgive me I have asked in the past about oil filters for this engine as an alternative to the official dealer filters but I am not sure yet of the correct number for cross referance to any brand at this point. Thanks for you indulgance.

With the luck you are having with synthetic I would stick with what you are using. I know Briggs and Straten now recomends synthetic 10w-30. On my Sears Rider I just took the oil filter off and down to advance auto and matched up the gasket and holes. It cost me $2.50 rather than pay Sears for the special size filter. Those Kubota engines are great. My friend had one in his boat and it is doing great.
What brand of synthetic have you been using on that thing?

TR3..... Thanks for the reply. Its been awhile since I posted this question with no responses. I thought I might have offended on some way! Anyway I have been using M1 in all its evolutions and lately Wal-Mart house-brand syn. I wondered about Rotella and such. Anyone have any thoughts?? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back