2008 Honda CR-V Fails to Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd circumstances. Vehicle ( 55463 mi. ) ran over 200 miles to my garage. It is my MILs vehicle and I maintain it. It was prepped for winter with wiper blades and fluid inspections when I noticed a driver's rear reverse light out and moved to replace it. I noticed it was just loose in the socket and it worked after the repair. Somehow my simple repair caused the following problem.

As I try to start the vehicle, it runs for approximately one second and stalls. It will not restart. I do not hear the fuel pump turn on when the ignition is placed in the on position. There are headlights, four way flashers, radio, and interior blower fans.There are no turn signals, no left door master power window power nor driver information screen between the speedometer and tachometer. There has to be a common fuse blown.

I own the 2009 model and am familiar with the vehicle interior and under hood fuse panels. I have checked every fuse closely related to any one of the above faults. None of the fuses are blown. Really strange.

Any leads to this repair will be appreciated.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Check Fuses #10-HAZARD & #23-BACK UP in the underhood fuse box

Thanks for the reply. No it is not #10 or #23 in the under hood fuse panel.

As follow-up, I do have fuel pump buzz on initial ignition turn to the on position. That was in error to the OP.

There are no power windows, signal lights, driver's information center between the speedometer and tachometer, and the shifting is locked in PARK. The vehicle will start for the one or two seconds like normal and stall out.

Again, the only procedure performed to next discover this problem was nothing more than changing out the reverse light bulb. There is a resistor or fuse that has gone bad.

OK... conclusion

Under dash fuse panel #10 Meter (7.5 A ). Referenced Autozone free repair manuals. Specified Year and Model. Under Electrical Wiring one can see the function of each fuse. #10 indicated meter functions (DIC) and transmission unlock solenoid. Pulled fuse. Blown. R&R. All other vehicle faults were restored. Who knew?

Reverse light bulb is out. I'll replace it. No ****** around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back