Kawasaki FH430V oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to cross reference the oil filter from a Kawasaki FH430V, 15hp V-twin OHV engine. The stock filter part number is 49065-2078. The searches I did turned up a few cross references but nothing concrete. Anyone have a good online reference they know of? Also would like to get the thread info...think it's a 3/4"-16 with a 2 5/8" o-ring dia.

You may have to check with a master filter catalog.
I have done so for some auto filters(checking can size).
Fram USED ato have a full listing(sizes and gaskets), no more. Now I have a Purolator catalog; it's harder to do a thread/gasket search, but it can be done.
Don't have time to check for you.
Also, how much room do you have for a larger or longer filter?

Can definitely fit a taller filter there. Have about as much room as there can be as there is no shroud or cover over the engine. I think the possible crosses are:

WIX 51394
Purolator L14476

Don't know for sure though.

If the above listed Wix 51394 is a crossover for your application, take a look at the slightly taller 51396. I use this on a 19hp Kawasaki.

Awesome...just what I was looking for. I can get those locally much cheaper than what Kawasaki wants (nearly $10/filter). I will try the longer one too...shouldn't have any problem fitting it.

Thanks guys.

"Kawasaki wants nearly $10/filter."

OEM filters are a rip off in these applications.
rolleyes.gif

--- Bror Jace

Running Motorcraft FL400S on my liquid cooled 26HP Kawasaki. Hard to find a better filter than the Motorcraft S series. Much longer filter, holds more oil. Gasket slightly larger diameter but plenty of room on filter land. No problems. $3.28 at Walmart.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back