Extracts of Polypore Mushroom Mycelia Reduce Viruses in Honey Bees

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-32194-8

From Paul Stamets:

"A Historic Day!! It is a great honor to announce the publication of our research: Extracts of Polypore Mushroom Mycelia Reduce Viruses in Honey Bees in the renowned journal Nature: Scientific Reports, a copy of which is attached. #mycoverse #bees #mushrooms #fungi

Five on our team are co-authors, but all of you have contributed to making this possible. We all are teammates on a mission for Good....and using mycelium as actionable solutions for helping the biosphere.

This could be a paradigm shifting discovery to help save not only bees but protect worldwide food biosecurity and to help ecosystems. That our natural extracts can result in such a dramatic reduction of the pathogenic viruses harming bees is remarkable.

I think this bolsters our slogan that "MycoDiversity is essential for BioSecurity". And I think can we make the argument that our extracts offer a broad bioshield of benefits - due their complexity.

This is a potentially paradigm shifting discovery.

Brace for impact !

cheers and respect !

There is much more to come !!!

Further voyages ahead into the MycoVerse"

Have downloaded quite a few Stamets videos (thanks for hooking me up to the Rogan interview those months ago).

This part in particular I find very very exciting

Originally Posted by Shannow
Have downloaded quite a few Stamets videos (thanks for hooking me up to the Rogan interview those months ago).

This part in particular I find very very exciting

Welcome my friend. Good stuff.
cheers3.gif

A honey bee is rare sight these days. Carpenter bees doing the job. I don't use insecticides. Dad used to raise bees, just a hive or 2. Honey bees aren't native, they were introduced. Along with earthworms. Anything involving nature to heal nature is the way things are are s'posed to be. I just saw a single Monarch butterfly. We are on a flyway that would have them by the thousands in yrs past at this time of year. They fly across the Gulf of Maine heading for Mexico. Hey Dad! Some guys have figured out how to use mushrooms to save bees! I'm yelling 'cuz Dad is with the angels. Mycology and bee keeping were some of his interests.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by andyd
A honey bee is rare sight these days. Carpenter bees doing the job. I don't use insecticides. Dad used to raise bees, just a hive or 2. Honey bees aren't native, they were introduced. Along with earthworms. Anything involving nature to heal nature is the way things are are s'posed to be. I just saw a single Monarch butterfly. We are on a flyway that would have them by the thousands in yrs past at this time of year. They fly across the Gulf of Maine heading for Mexico. Hey Dad! Some guys have figured out how to use mushrooms to save bees! I'm yelling 'cuz Dad is with the angels. Mycology and bee keeping were some of his interests.
grin2.gif

Carpenter bees are tearing up my house- I have a lot of wood trim that needs repair, and its [censored] me off because I do not want to use insecticides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back