Current blender for Super Tech Full Synth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to to a budget OCI for my penniless Son. Had a spare Wix so went to Wally World and got a 5 qt jug of Supertech 5W-30 Full Synthetic for just under $16.00. I know Supertech has always met specs per PQIA and Blackstone. Just curious if anyone knows who the current blender is.....Thanks
confused2.gif

Last edited:
Does it even matter they make it to the Walmart recipe its all made to the same spec with the same ad pack. Several different blenders depending on where you live.

Last edited:
I sold a car to a family member that I did a fresh change of ST conventional in a 1999 Corolla. She lived two states over. about a year later I saw her and asked about how the car is running. she said GREAT! When i asked about following the maintenance schedule I typed up and put in the glove box she said... uuuhhhhh (smile). ST conventional oil had 8K miles on it. It was dark but not black still had a oily and slippery feel between my fingers. I changed it again and engine still sounded as smooth as after the oil change.

Nothing wrong with ST even conventional.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
I sold a car to a family member that I did a fresh change of ST conventional in a 1999 Corolla. She lived two states over. about a year later I saw her and asked about how the car is running. she said GREAT! When i asked about following the maintenance schedule I typed up and put in the glove box she said... uuuhhhhh (smile). ST conventional oil had 8K miles on it. It was dark but not black still had a oily and slippery feel between my fingers. I changed it again and engine still sounded as smooth as after the oil change.

Nothing wrong with ST even conventional.

A 1999 Corolla engine is noted as easy-on-oil. A truer test would have been a 1999 Saturn. I doubt the 8K Supertech conventional oil in a Saturn still looks and sounds good........ seriously doubt it.

API rated SN oil is all the same unless proven not.
No API rated oil can be proven to make any engine last longer over another, at any price.
Todays engines if properly engineered will outlast the vehicle itself.

No engine oil will make up for a poorly designed engine.

Everything else is marketing. Supertech cost just as much money to make as any name brand oil without the markup to pay for marketing and advertising.

In our area of the Southeast the producer is Warren Oil.

However I just noticed that Sams club "Certified" brand made by well respected Warren oil has just been replaced by oil produced by Amalie Oil and even though it will be fine for your vehicle because it meets the API I will not buy an Amalie product as they are a slime ball, greasy, shady, unethical company.

Here is the proof to back up that statement -
Click here ...

Last edited:
They manufacture oil to an obsolete specification and many with collector cars actually want that specification. Many old cars wil have excess sludge broken loose by mdern detergents. By friend with a Babbitt beater stovebolt 6 in his old 49 chevy wants that kind of oil.

I used to buy oil manufactured to the SM specification for my old convertible when I still had it. I was glad to get it as the additives were compatible.with that engine.

They are not shady, but marketers that put on the shelf in convenience stores are. However, cars that are worn out driven by folks that typically buy oil in convenience stores are not likely to have their life shortened by that oil. It is far more important they have oil. The rank is some oil is better than no oil. Clean oil is better than dirty oil. Quality oil is better than poor oil.
Rod

Walmart uses different blenders depending on the region. These suppliers are known to include WPP, Citgo, Amalie, and ExxonMobil.

searching i seen Mag-1 oil i never heard of, also made by Warren. the specs on the 10-30 look particularly good + thats my flavor, no 3-1 aka 20W oils for me!!!

Interested who makes SuperTech for the new Canadian market. WM Canada canned their exclusively canadian label with oils last known to be supplied by Safety-Kleen and Petro-Canada. Now they're consolidating lube products with the america SuperTech supply chain, complete with blue bottled from the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back