Bathurst again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can tell because it's a drizzly rubbish weekend, and the town is crawling with Police, speed traps, and popup breath and drug testing stations...

First year with the super utes...diesel utes...My Colorado has been around the track way before these guys, LOL..

I wish they were faster, but still cool. That was one heck of a slide!

Shannow, have you ever seen an HSV GTSR W1 in person? I still curse GM every day for killing this platform (and Holden)... it was such a great vehicle, if a hair on the portly side. It would have been an absolute beast on the Alpha platform.

I'm pretty sure at some point I will buy a Chevy SS as my "fun" car, I had an 09 Pontiac G8 GT... only downside of the SS is it looks like a Malibu, the G8 had a much more aggressive look. Great vehicle, crappy ending.

Pretty sure I have...there are so many SS and HSV things pass through this town, it's almost certain.

I'm so jealous.
smile.gif
Did they ever make the Maloo with the 427? It's the spiritual grandson of the El Camino, and I still wonder why GM never offered that model here...

It seems Australian motorsports have taken several huge steps backwards over recent years with the several racing series that were canceled, and car makes and models that are no longer with us. Didn't I hear there are no more natively-produced cars in Australia now?

Sky have locked it up...can't even stream it now. So no more Bathurst for me - don't miss it, and save the beers.

So one of my friends that works in a shop in downtown Santa Barbara sent me a picture of a Falcon Ute parked across the street from his shop. I have seen Holden Utes here, but never a Falcon.

I thought the anthem was meh. I've rarely liked when someone uses a guitar and makes it sound like they are sitting around a campfire.

The race is very entertaining so far at lap 28. Lots of strategy unfolding.

It's been on while I'm doing odd jobs.
They've made the free coverage VERY low res.

Bummer they would do that to you. I guess my stream is good since I pay for it, in the grand scheme of things it isn't that expensive either. It still amazes me how I can watch a race in Australia on my TV here in Santa Barbara through the internet. And I am doing it through wifi too.

I was too lazy to get out of the chair to take a closer picture so I zoomed in on my phone to my tv. No commercials too. One year I found a stream that had commercials. I didn't mind since it was cool to see something different.

IMG_0071(1).jpg

Typical, I'm rostered to work today! Should be a national holiday
smile.gif
Hopefully I'll get home in time to watch the last 20 laps or so... Can't even have a beer though as I'm on-call. How very un-Australian!

Yes, should have stayed on the October long weekend.

I had the Colorado a little crossed up on the way to work Friday. This new "slow down to 40 for flashing lights" had three cars, obviously heading for Bathurst come to a crawl going past an RTA vehicle (no need to slow, they are orange lights)...when they moved out of the way, planted it, and the mighty baby D-Max lit up the rear, and kicked out a bit.

So was seriously impressed with the mitsu staying shiney side up.

Congratulations to Lowndsey, I haven't been a fan, ever since I watched his first Bathurst a half a lifetime ago.

Way to go out.

Stoked for Lowndes, that was a great finish. Always been a fan of his even though he drives for Holden.

Reynolds needs to see a doctor. Kasey Kahne had a similar interview after he won the Brickyard 400 last year. This year at the Southern 500 he pretty lost control of his body midway through the race and had to be carried to the medical center after the race. He has been out of the car for 5 race weekends now as he has not been medically cleared to race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back