If one of the Big 3 Automakers had to fail, who would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
35.gif
You know this could get ugly

Last edited:
None of them are in good shape. Fiat wants to unload Chrysler but their asking price is too high. Ford is getting close to the abyss and their bond rating just recently went down to one notch above junk. GovMo is what it is.

I would say FCA but Ford is right behind them.

Not a fan of any of the Big 3. For the people that would be affected by the failure, I wouldn't like to see any outfit fail.

FCA. The product mix isn't there and really nothing new in the pipeline.
Ford has some new product coming shortly that appears to be class leading (Explorer, Bronco, Ranger, etc)
GM is making strides in autonomous and EVs

Originally Posted by PimTac
None of them are in good shape. Fiat wants to unload Chrysler but their asking price is too high. Ford is getting close to the abyss and their bond rating just recently went down to one notch above junk. GovMo is what it is.

Is Ford really right behind FCA? At least Ford knows how to make a vehicle that can drive for more than 3 miles without a tow truck unlike most FCA products...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Convert
GM Again. No bail out

We bailed Chrysler out twice so GM has one more bailout.

Originally Posted by dogememe

Is Ford really right behind FCA? At least Ford knows how to make a vehicle that can drive for more than 3 miles without a tow truck unlike most FCA products...

Most? Seriously. The hyperbole here is amazing sometimes.

Originally Posted by dogememe

I agree durability wise but business wise the numbers speak for themselves.

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=F&qsearchterm=financial

In addition there is this;

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/23/ford-earnings-q2-2018.html

Excerpt from the second link (Q2 report)

"....Ford also cited weakness in Asia as a contributing factor to its earnings slide, saying it's "taking urgent action" in China — where it lost $483 million — to address its underperforming business there, the company said in its earnings presentation...."

Asia and China in particular is a very hot market right now for automobiles. For any company to lose $483 million in that market tells me something is drastically wrong with their approach.

Originally Posted by Convert
GM Again. No bail out

TOMB

All of them have taken taxpayer money. Ford was for the TARP bailout before they were against it, and they still took 5.9 billion in taxpayer dollars. Call it a bailout or not, the taxpayers ponied up just the same.

All of them have good vehicles and problematic ones.

Saying that one of the "big three' has an entire lineup of bad vehicles, means that person has limited experience, or simply doesn't know what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back