Opinions Jensen Reman Alternator? Any good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering purchasing a Jensen re-manufactured OEM alternator. Comes with 6 month warranty. Are they any good? Opinions please? Thank you!

I know nothing about Jensen, maybe they're the exception, but I've bought so many reman alternators that were garbage, I will never buy another one. The ones that worked out of the box were almost always short-lived. The hassle is not worth the savings.

You're better off shelling out for a new one, or take your old one to a local shop and have it rebuilt for probably less than the reman, and it will be done right instead of the minimum and painted.

I've had 2 bad experiences with reman alternators. And that was about 25-30 years ago. I never bought another reman alternator.

If you do buy one, save your receipt where you can find it because you will probably need it within the next 12 months.

Most of the Reman's out there are terrible. I usually replace with OE at the hefty price but no issues, or I will rebuild myself if parts are available.

I hope Jensen is good, never heard of them before.

I'm of the opinion that you either get a factory alternator, or a nice aftermarket one that's built to a quality not a cost.

I've not found a reman brand yet that's worth a [censored]

After careful consideration. I am going to purchase OEM. Pay nor or pay later. Peace of mind. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back