OEM Kawasaki 40965-2078 oil filter cross reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 25HP Kawasaki engine on my mower.

The OEM Kawasaki oil filter is part number 49065-2078.

The filter is made in the USA and appears to be a champion labs filter upon inspection. The base plate is stamped AA and it looks like a Champ filter.

Anyway, I haven't had much success cross referencing this filter to others. Sometimes they are hard for me to get. Any cross refernce to SuperTech, Purolator or Wix (or any others).

It looks similar in size and dimension to the filter used on my Mother's 1990 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder.

Thanks for any input.

I answered my own question. I was trying different cross reference sites and I got a hit on Fram.

The OEM Kawasaki 40965-2078 cross references to the PH4967. This is indeed the same Supertech filter ST4967 that my Mom's Camry takes.

I have a $2 alternative to the $7 OEM and since they appear to be the same filter I'm pleased.

Running Motorcraft FL400S on my liquid cooled 26HP Kawasaki. Hard to find a better filter than the Motorcraft S series. Much longer filter, holds more oil. Gasket slightly larger diameter but plenty of room on filter land. No problems. $3.28 at Walmart.

Randy

Bought one to try. Not sure if it will work on the 25HP Kawi aircooled motor. There are cooling fins very close to the filter. If it doesn't fit there I will see if I can get it on my mother's Camry
smile.gif

For $328 it is worth a shot and it looks like I can get at least an addition 1/2 quart in with the larger filter.

Good luck with the filter substitution. The Kawa crosses to Mobil M1-103, and my 1997 V6 Camry takes Mobil M1-102.

Take a look at this thread I started on 5-7-06.
Car And Truck Lubrication » Oil Filters » Longer/higher capacity filters.

The info there from member Gary Allan is very helpful. Looks like he knows his filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back