Microgard vs. Wix or AC Delco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally use the Microgard air filters from O'reilly in all my vehicles. They seem to have done the job. As I get close to time to change them, I'm thinking about going with Wix as I have been satisfied with their oil filters. I've also thought about using the AC Delco filters due to good reviews and reasonable prices. Have any of you used the Microgard and one or both of the other brands? If so, how did they compare?

Last edited:
Microgard is a "value" level WIX, and filters just as well as the more expensive one. i would stay with that.

On the other hand, I usually get my oil filters from RockAuto for $0.78 each to $1.17 each (depending) as I always add a few when ordering other parts.

Oops I didn't realize we were talking about air filters not oil filters. I prefer Wix for air filters, often there is noticeable quality difference when you compare a MicroGard and Wix air filter side by side.

Last edited:
I ordered an ACDelco from amazon to replace a Wix and when I held them side by side they appeared to be exactly the same build. If I remember correctly one was red and one was black was the only difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back