VOA Arnold 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a VOA of a sample of oil I got with a new Chinese made MTD tiller. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4862418/chinese-ope-oil#Post4862418

The PO took a while to get my sample across the country, but here it is. I've got a little over an hour on the tiller, and it hasn't had an oil related failure. I'll change it out fairly soon.

Arnold10w30-1.jpg

Send these results to PQIA. This oil is flying under the radar.

They claim it meets or exceeds API classification SJ, and the phosphorous level is not even close.

Originally Posted by BigD1

They claim it meets or exceeds API classification SJ, and the phosphorous level is not even close.

Absolutely.

Is this oil from the same Arnold as Arnold Auto Parts?

We know why it is almost clear: it is under treated as there is little PI package in it, about 50%.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Exactly what you would expect from cheap Chinese oil.

I didn't know what to expect from Chinese oil. That's why I coughed up the money and had the VOA done.
Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by BigD1

Absolutely.

Is this oil from the same Arnold as Arnold Auto Parts?

We know why it is almost clear: it is under treated as there is little PI package in it, about 50%.

The brand on the bottle bottle is Arnold. The same Arnold that makes all the small engine parts that you find at Lowe's and such. I have photos of the bottle in the link in my first post.

I changed the oil out after two hours and it was very grey. SuperTech 10w30 (API SJ) went in.

Originally Posted by izualangel

...The brand on the bottle bottle is Arnold. The same Arnold that makes all the small engine parts that you find at Lowe's and such. I have photos of the bottle in the link in my first post.

I changed the oil out after two hours and it was very grey. SuperTech 10w30 (API SJ) went in.

Gottcha!! I didn't think the Arnold Auto Parts chain would allow this kind of stuff in their stores.

Whoever blends the oil is only using about one-third the treatment level of additives that should be there for OPE engine oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back