Valvoline Synpower Engine oil Treatment 32oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I bought about 10 qts of this on clearance from Napa for a buck or two per quart. Problem is now i really don't remember what it is. I cannot find any of the VOAs that used to be on this site. The Product is called Valvoline full synthetic engine oil treatment. It comes in a 1 qt bottle and you mix it with your engine oil. 1 qt treatment / 4 qt engine oil. I cannot find the pds , msds or VOA of this stuff. does anyone remember this or happen to have a copy of the PDS?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I did see that one. The one tread said it was a low viscosity 30 weight but i was hoping to see the VOA.

The formula from what I remember was changed towards the end of production.so a VOA would be the best way to find out what the add package is.

VSOT is what I recall it being called on here. It's full of molybdenum and calcium in a light 30 grade. Along with some other FM and detergents.

The old VSOT was mainly a friction modifier and nothing marvelous about it.

Stay with modern motor oils and change oil and filter on Severe Service intervals.

Thanks MolaKule, I'm just trying to get the stuff used up and out of the way.

Originally Posted by dave1251
VSOT is what I recall it being called on here. It's full of molybdenum and calcium in a light 30 grade. Along with some other FM and detergents.

Actually it has the consistency of the old STP Oil Treatment.

From what i have been seeing, there was two different products called oil treatment around that time. They were very different and came in different size bottles. The one is the small bottle was very thick , something like 100cSt at 100C and had very high concentration of Moly. The one in the 32 oz bottle is similar to what dave1251 and MolaKule referred too. Thin 30w with 400ppm moly.

From what i have been seeing, there was two different products called oil treatment around that time. They were very different and came in different size bottles. The one is the small bottle was very thick , something like 100cSt at 100C and had very high concentration of Moly. The one in the 32 oz bottle is similar to what dave1251 and MolaKule referred too. Thin 30w with 400ppm moly.

Originally Posted by jstutz

I still have a couple of bottles of the thick stuff. I thought that was the only "VSOT" there was.
21.gif

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by jstutz

I still have a couple of bottles of the thick stuff. I thought that was the only "VSOT" there was.
21.gif

Later in its production run Valvoline made the lighter revised product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back