Who makes Briggs and stratton oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone knew who makes B@S oil? I bought a 18 ounce yellow bottle of it for a lawn mower oil change ($1.67) Wally world was out of supertech and the cheapest 30 wt oil I could fine there that was in stock was Pennzoil for $2.38/quart. Thanks

At one time Sun Oil and CITGO made it for them. Not sure who makes it now. There is a compound blender in Combined Locks, WI by the name of U.S. Oil that could be making it for them.

I'm assuming that the Brigg's contract, for blending & packaging small engine oils, moves around as Johnny indicates.

The current MSDS info at the Brigg's site lists the following vendors:

SAE 30 Conventional - Olympic Oil of Cicero, IL

5W-30 Synthetic - Morraine Liquid Technologies Oconomowoc, WI

You pay more for the custom packaging. Some folks just don't want to have 12 oz left over. Oh, there is nothing special about the B&S oils. Any good 30W or Syn will do just fine.

I saw that at Walmart too. My mower takes 20 oz of SAE 30. Advance Auto had Pennzoil dino in a 20 oz bottle (handy). However, I picked up a full Quart of Rotella T for about the same price, or less...

see if your local autozone has any delo 30 wt on clearance for $0.99/gallon. you may have to look in the back, that is where i have been finding it.

I wonder who makes the sears crafstman oil... I just bought a cheapo 4.5hp crafstman rear bagger/mulchermower, and it came with a little 18oz bottle of oil. It was black and tall, unlike the wal mart stuff (and B&S oil used to be in short black bottles IIRC). Ill definitely be keeping this sears bottle, its a great size.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back