GM Rear Glass Defogger Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "telephone" wires attached to the defogger on the rear glass have loosened over time on my '05 Envoy, and now sort of hang loose. It looks terrible. I believe this is also on an issue on Tahoe/Yukon/Suburbans of the era.

Does anyone know if these are replaceable? I haven't been able to find them on online catalogs, and all searches review is how to glue back on the grid connector tab. Thanks!

Those wires are likely part of whatever harness runs to the back glass. Good luck finding that... my glass guy actually stretches those "telephone wires" out when he installs new glass, purely because of their tendency of pulling the defrost grid pads off.

I found this, which is for the older GMT330 platform. Hopefully it is still replaceable, and available, for the GMT360.

Originally Posted by Trav
http://www2.frostfighter.com/defroster-repair-coil-cords-flip-rear-glass.htm

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks Trav!
thumbsup2.gif

One of the pads that those wires plug into on the glass popped off on my Suburban. I looked at it and it looked like just a bad solder job. I cleaned up both sides, heated up either the pad or the glass, can't remember, with a little fresh solder and paste and stuck it back on. Been working perfectly for probably five years. Actually, I think I heated the spot on the window with the window open so nothing would run down.

Nice find on the replacement wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back