Chinese copy of the Honda generators

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last couple of years a number of friends of mine have been buying the Chinese copy of the Honda gas-powered generators. I've been talking to these guys periodically and they say that they run well, look like a quality product, and have not developed problems. They also say that they are a LOT cheaper than the Hondas and other name brand generators. Some guys have bought a second one. There's an auto parts store in my town that periodically stocks a bunch of them and they sell like hotcakes every time the store gets some in. Do any of you have any pros or cons on this generator? I'm thinking of getting one.

I bought one from a Cummins truckload sell last month. It's the same Jiangdong that autoparts stores sell.

I paid $300. I like it. I can barely hear it running while in the house. It has a very nice feel to it, doesn't feel cheap. It always starts on the first pull.

Pros: Price, quality, parts availability.

Cons: ?

A little light reading about Chinese generators...
shocked.gif

http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/15131645/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

I agree with cousincletus, the Chinese are industrial pirates and should be treated by our government as such. Unfortunately when it comes to standing up for fair trade practices Washington has been castrated--it makes me want to puke. I worked on a project for two years through research and patent filing only to find two different chinese companies copied the patent and are selling the same product, at a lower cost of course--due to all things metioned above, and then some.

There really is no patent or other right to the design of the Honda genset. Just like there is no one owner of the flat head design.

The Chinese really are a pack of thieving pirates. But I would have a hard time buying anything new if I didn't buy Chinese.

[ April 22, 2006, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: JAYCEE ]

Quote:

..The Chinese really are a pack of thieving pirates. But I would have a hard time buying anything new if I didn't buy Chinese..

That's the truth! Had to dig up this old post. I recently bought my mom and dad one of these generators so my dad (73yrs old) doesn't have to bail the sump pump every time they loose power.
boat.gif
4400 watt, 6.5hp, 120/240v, electric start, wheel/handle kit, fedex'd to the door for $399 total! http://americanjdgroup.com/about/about.htm A 'domestic' comparable unit with a Mexican made briggs or tecumseh costs twice that.

Joel

Quote:

Quote:

..The Chinese really are a pack of thieving pirates. But I would have a hard time buying anything new if I didn't buy Chinese..

That's the truth! Had to dig up this old post. I recently bought my mom and dad one of these generators so my dad (73yrs old) doesn't have to bail the sump pump every time they loose power.
boat.gif
4400 watt, 6.5hp, 120/240v, electric start, wheel/handle kit, fedex'd to the door for $399 total! http://americanjdgroup.com/about/about.htm A 'domestic' comparable unit with a Mexican made briggs or tecumseh costs twice that.

Joel

Even the Chinese are outsourcing now.
laugh.gif

Their website is in Jerkoffistan

IP Address: 68.142.234.60

IP Address Details:

uz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back